5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AudioControl amp install - questions

LoRAM

Reaction score
Another thread, I know right? I did my best to read through the available knowledge on the forum, but have ultimately decided on professional installation after thoroughly confusing myself through all the various threads! I am getting differing information from install shops, and was hopeful y’all may be able to help clarify.

I have an AudioControl LC-1.800 amp that I’m looking to power two JL 10W3s. It was my understanding that the PAC APSUB-CH41 would be required. CarToys told me that this is unnecessary after inspecting the amp in person, and that a wiring kit is the only additional item requiring purchase.

I have an EcoDiesel with the 12” screen and upgraded Alpine. It is my understanding that EcoDiesels do not have ANC, which seems to be validated with a peek under the driver seat and a glance up to the headliner. I do not intend to add another amp in the future.

Any audio-savvy folks out there familiar with AudioControl that may be able to help confirm if the PAC is required?

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That PAC piece gives you the RCA outputs to connect to the AMP, nothing to do with ANC. I don't recall the eco's having ANC either. That said, the amp has high level inputs, which means you can tap a full range signal off the factory system and connect directly to the amp, it has features built in to use that signal.

Users who are viewing this thread