5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audio Upgrades

Bigblue

Reaction score
So I've just made my first payment on my All-New 2019 Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi Tradesman. Love the truck although I did buy as a base model with the 5" Uconnect system w/ Sirrus Satelite. The system sound is ok but I like to have bump in my junk and love clear crisp Highs.. I've done a little research but what I've been able to come up with so far is that the only stereo upgrades will be the 8.4" or the 12". No aftermarket stereos. After talking with Crutchfield it seems the installed 5" radio runs on 2 ohms and they suggest not upgrading my speakers to 4 ohms aftermarket. What are my options here and what have you guys done to improve the output and audio sound in your trucks? Not sure if it matters what radio you have 5" 8.4" or the 12". Suggestions are much appreciated!!
Thanks..

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello, welcome to the forum. One of the biggest questions is how much are you willing to spend ?

Bigblue

Reaction score
No more than about 5-800$.
Ive read where the front dash mid speakers are an easy upgrade, but is the sound difference worth just replacing the speakers?
I'm guessing I'll need to tie into the rear factory speakers to supply my AMP. Ive found some nice boxes on foxacoustics.com with the RAM logo on them. Seemed legit.

WorkingDad

Reaction score
You can put in an aftermarket head unit, just finished mine. If it’s a full size unit you’ll have to cut outa bit of plastic from behind the factory unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You can put in an aftermarket head unit, just finished mine. If it’s a full size unit you’ll have to cut outa bit of plastic from behind the factory unit.

How do you access all the options that are built into the OEM head unit, like auto dim mirrors or hill brake assist?

WorkingDad

Reaction score
How do you access all the options that are built into the OEM head unit, like auto dim mirrors or hill brake assist?

That’s in the Maestro unit. I don’t have all of those options on my truck, but things like DRL, door lock timing, etc., show up in the menu on the unit.

Par38lamp

Reaction score
From what I've read so far about the 2020 6 speaker Uconnect 5 system:
If the 6 speaker system is like my 2016, the dash 3.5" speakers are in parallel with the front door speakers. I installed Kickers in the dash and front doors, presenting a 2 ohm load to the factory amplifier without issue (in my 2016)

The 2019/2020 6 speaker trucks have a automatic noise cancelling (ANC) system that will cause issues when aftermarket speakers (including a speaker to line level converter for a sub amp) are added. To remedy, folks have been disconnecting the ANC microphones by "unpinning" the positive mic wire, or purchasing a bypass harness. This forum has good posts on how to do it.

WorkingDad

Reaction score
I used the bypass harness. I’ll take the amp out someday when I have time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online