5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audio Upgrades Update 6-6

AcroNomad

Reaction score
I just swapped out my factory speakers with the Kicker DS line this afternoon (nothing fancy) I am finding after using the ANC bypass plug-in (iDatalink bCH3) that my stereo has no headroom now. I'm assuming its related to changing ohm levels. I think I need to add an amp now. I have an old Alpine KTP-445A that I had in another truck and was thinking it would do the job just fine.

Couple questions -

What are the odds that the factory harness is there under the seat in case I find a factory sub in the scrap yard... I know that's far fetched...

Has anyone ever used this adaptor in the ANC position and wired a small amp right under the seat in the ANC position?

Otherwise, what would you suggest as option 2?

TIA.

Attachments

• PAC APH-CH01.jpg
    PAC APH-CH01.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 31

sppb32

Reaction score
The factory sub is a "special" sub you need the factory amp to power it.

AcroNomad

Reaction score
Well that sucks.

Any chance someone has the dimensions of the HK "wall mount" sub? Mopar part# 68277288AB

That's what I prefer. I could probably fab one.

AcroNomad

Reaction score
The factory sub is a "special" sub you need the factory amp to power it.

Side note, I just found a thread with your set up in a quad cab. Any chance you want to make another enclosure and you're close to VA. :)

sppb32

Reaction score
Side note, I just found a thread with your set up in a quad cab. Any chance you want to make another enclosure and you're close to VA. :)
It's allot of work to build one but it's not complicated, i used the floor mat to trace and cut the base, the rest you measure and add little by little, i used fiberglass for the angles, it takes time but a little bit every day and you're done.

Attachments

• 20201121_111524.jpg
    20201121_111524.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 20201122_110951.jpg
    20201122_110951.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 20201122_110940.jpg
    20201122_110940.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 73

AcroNomad

Reaction score
Here's a small update 6-6 -

Since I had the the iDatalink bCH3 sitting there doing "nothing" I decided to to cut it down the middle and splice my Alpine 445u to the mix. After looking at some videos I found that you don't need the remote wire to be in-line for the amp to trigger? It uses the audio signal? I used wire taps to tap into the +/- on the ANC harness and boom! 1st try, all good. The only thing was I had all 4 channels set to HPF and not full range.

It's so easy I'm surprised a company doesn't make this "Alpine/Ram Harness" already. This would literally be a "plug-n-play" for the beginner who just wants to boost the factory speakers.

Subs next...

Attachments

• thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 53
  • thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 54
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 53

AcroNomad

Reaction score
So you just hooked into the anc harness to power the Alpine amp ?
Correct. Using the iDatalink bCH3 and wired it straight in. The power and ground are right there. I can't remember which side, but one is yellow and one is black. One on each end of the factory harness. Super easy. Plus this Alpine amp has the signal sense for the remote turn on, so no need to run the remote to the fuse box. On a scale of 1-10, this is a 1.5 on the difficulty scale.

Users who are viewing this thread