5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audio seems better

Reaction score
I applied S23.13 OTA update that popped up last week and I'll be damned if the previously disappointing audio and boomy-sounding bass seems improved. This is the first update I've gotten since I bought the truck (2022 Limited) in Dec 2021. Don't know what the existing version was.

I had tried stuffing some Poly-fil inside the subwoofer enclosure--couldn't discern any difference--and gave up and left it where it sounded (to my ears) least bad...fader about 50% forward, bass at about 0, mid -7, treble 5. The bass was noticeably tighter after the update and I've moved the fader back to center. Was going to try some speaker upgrades from Crutchfield, but not gonna bother any more as I'm now quite happy.

Other things from the update I've noticed...temperature control icons don't disappear any more and the park brake consistently comes on automatically every time I go to "park". Previously, it only did so randomly.

Love this truck.

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As a long time complainer of the boomy system (unplugged my sub a long time ago) I'm curious how you 'applied' an OTA update?

Reaction score
As a long time complainer of the boomy system (unplugged my sub a long time ago) I'm curious how you 'applied' an OTA update?
It popped up automatically when I pulled up to the house last week, I guess when the truck found my wifi. I just accepted it and it took about 20 minutes

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It popped up automatically when I pulled up to the house last week, I guess when the truck found my wifi. I just accepted it and it took about 20 minutes
Ah. You’re lucky. Seems 2020 models are excluded from updates. I’ve only seen 2021+ models get OTA updates.

bucolic

Reaction score
One just popped up for me last weekend when I pulled into a rest area on a trip. S24.13. Since I was having so many issues I didn't want to put it off so proceeded with the update and hung out in the rest stop until it was done. It seemed to fix almost all the issues I was having. Volume freezing, not being able to change XM or radio channels, constantly blinking that phone can't be connected to. Workin much smoother since the update. Hopefully, it holds!

softwareupdate.jpg

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ah. You’re lucky. Seems 2020 models are excluded from updates. I’ve only seen 2021+ models get OTA updates.
I've received 2 OTA updates in my 2019. It's a very hit'n'miss kind of system.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
I noticed one time a while back when I did a hard reset it seemed to completely change the audio as well.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
How did you do the hard reset?
If I remember right you go to the settings tab on the radio display and scroll down to reset. Select that and then choose factory reset. It will erase your radio station favorites.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If I remember right you go to the settings tab on the radio display and scroll down to reset. Select that and then choose factory reset. It will erase your radio station favorites.
Oh OK. I knew about that one. I thought there was a way to reboot the system. I did it with my old 8.4 by pressing both dial buttons in at the same time and it would cycle the power kinda like restarting a regular computer. That always fixed any glitches.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I know the 21's have uconnect4 but I bought my 21 BTS back in 6/21 almost a year to date and about 3 months after I got an ota update. That actually seemed to fix the little glitches I had too. I have been glitch free and there hasn't been any updates since

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Oh OK. I knew about that one. I thought there was a way to reboot the system. I did it with my old 8.4 by pressing both dial buttons in at the same time and it would cycle the power kinda like restarting a regular computer. That always fixed any glitches.
Doing the soft reset (pressing the buttons) didn't do anything for me. The hard reset actually made the eco coach appear, made the weather work (for a short period), and enabled alexa.

Users who are viewing this thread