5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audio Quality & General Sound Issues

ShadowWolf206

Reaction score
As the title suggests, I'm putting in a new thread regarding an audio issue with the Alpine stereo system in my '19 Rebel.
(If there was an existing thread on this topic, I couldn't find it)

The way this seems to be working, or the best way I can describe it as is:
- Music from both the front door speakers sounds quieter & somewhat dampened. Like there is only deep bass, low instrumental that I can hear.

- Music from both the rear door speakers is crisp & good. All music, both instrumental & vocals, is clear & pronounced.

Audio from the dash speakers & rear/back speakers in a non issue, clear as the rear doors.
I'll admit, I'm not a tech wiz when it comes to vehicles.
Has anyone else come across this issue, or similar? (Whether you have the Alpine or HK system.)

Last edited:

Ldc2335

Reaction score
I believe the front doors are only woofer/low frequency only and the rear doors are lows and mids. At least that's how they sound in mine.

The rear roof speakers lack the midrange and volume that the front dash has, so that further leads me to believe the rear seats are getting the midrange from the doors.

Swapped all 5 dash and roof with infinity 3.5" like everyone else and it sounds much better.

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe the front doors are only woofer/low frequency only and the rear doors are lows and mids. At least that's how they sound in mine.

The rear roof speakers lack the midrange and volume that the front dash has, so that further leads me to belive the rear seats are getting the midrange from the doors.

Swapped all 5 dash and roof with infinity 3.5" like everyone else and it sounds much better.

Do you have the apline package?

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Yep

More thoughts.

After installing the center infinity speaker, it was too bright and I couldn't get the sound just right. I took the infinity speaker out and un-soldered the tweeter, making it midrange only. Sounds perfect now.

Also, I think a set of 3 way 6x9s in the rear doors would be ideal since there is a lot of midrange coming out of them. I think for now I'm going to leave it alone. I may add a sub since I already have it all from my last vehicle. Just need to get the interface. If I do, I'll disconnect the alpine sub and probably put a crossover on the front door speakers to cut some bass out of them.

I'm really trying not to go all out like I have in other vehicles. Usually I'll gut all the stock stuff and rewire the whole system.

Last edited:

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing what you did to the center speaker too. Wondering how much of a difference it makes. Might try it out here in a bit.

Hmm I might order the 3way 6x9's for the rear and try them out. Actually my brother has a pair coming in. If I get time, I might "Borrow" them for a few days haha

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As the title suggests, I'm putting in a new thread regarding an audio issue with the Alpine stereo system in my '19 Rebel.
(If there was an existing thread on this topic, I couldn't find it)

The way this seems to be working, or the best way I can describe it as is:
- Music from both the front door speakers sounds quieter & somewhat dampened. Like there is only deep bass, low instrumental that I can hear.

- Music from both the rear door speakers is crisp & good. All music, both instrumental & vocals, is clear & pronounced.

Audio from the dash speakers & rear/back speakers in a non issue, clear as the rear doors.
I'll admit, I'm not a tech wiz when it comes to vehicles.
Has anyone else come across this issue, or similar? (Whether you have the Alpine or HK system.)
As LDC already said, it's working as designed. Front doors are only mid/bass, dash speakers are highs. Rear doors are full range, roof speakers are highs.

There are several diffent threads on here (and a huge one) about various people's audio upgrades. Make sure the speakers you use are the appropriate impedence or you may be disappointed in how quiet the new ones are. The factory Alpine speakers are 2 ohm, a lot of aftermarket speakers are 4 ohm, the Infinity's that a lot of people use are 3 ohm which is 'close enough'.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As LDC already said, it's working as designed. Front doors are only mid/bass, dash speakers are highs. Rear doors are full range, roof speakers are highs.

There are several diffent threads on here (and a huge one) about various people's audio upgrades. Make sure the speakers you use are the appropriate impedence or you may be disappointed in how quiet the new ones are. The factory Alpine speakers are 2 ohm, a lot of aftermarket speakers are 4 ohm, the Infinity's that a lot of people use are 3 ohm which is 'close enough'.
I ordered the infinity's that most people talk about, REF-3032CFX 3-1/2 and they show to be 4 ohms. I did notice the sound wasn't as loud, but it was clear though. Wondering if I should have ordered something with 2 or 3 ohm instead?

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered the infinity's that most people talk about, REF-3032CFX 3-1/2 and they show to be 4 ohms. I did notice the sound wasn't as loud, but it was clear though. Wondering if I should have ordered something with 2 or 3 ohm instead?
The Infinity's are 3 ohm
"speaker's 3-ohm impedance combines with speaker wire impedance for a 4-ohm load"
I don't have Alpine in my truck, but I did in my Charger. I swapped to Infinity and didn't have a loss of volume at all.

Users who are viewing this thread