5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audio lag on Blue Tooth

bourgeois

Reaction score
When my iphone is connected via blue tooth to my U12 screen there is a 2-3 second lag from the phone to the unit. Does anyone have this?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, It's a very known issue.
It's because of the BT codac that they're using. I'm not going to get into the technical stuff on why it's happening but there is no fix for it...

Awood05

Reaction score
What he said ^^^^. Less everything after ”Yes”

I’m not that technical or in the know. LOL

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I mean... For Android phones, you have some apps that can change the codec(look up "Bluetooth aac" or "A2DP" in the play-store. you need to change the settings from SBC to AAC) but it's a PITA because you have to do that every time you connect to the truck... So basically no fix.. It's doesn't worth the hassle..

BestNThDez

Reaction score
Has anybody heard of any updates on this issue or any fix for it??? Thanks. I'm experiencing the same UConnect bluetooth audio lag from my iPhone too.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I mean... For Android phones, you have some apps that can change the codec(look up "Bluetooth aac" or "A2DP" in the play-store. you need to change the settings from SBC to AAC) but it's a PITA because you have to do that every time you connect to the truck... So basically no fix.. It's doesn't worth the hassle..
You can change all those settings you listed in developer options but if the head unit doesn't support it then it will not work.
Also once you set it, it stays unless your phone doesn't support it. Has nothing to do with Android and it's the hardware of your phone and head unit. Android just list all the options even if your phone can't do it.

I don't think I have any lag on my 2022, was this for the UC4 units?

theRamguy

Reaction score
Okay so the way to do it is for you to change the AVRCP in developer options (android) as @Darksteel165 mentioned to 1.3 or 1.4 This will disable the album art but the audio delay will go away. 1.6 has a lot more throughput and audio is slightly delayed because of it. the other workaround is to play through Android Auto instead of BT. there is no delay through AA as it uses the USB and BT

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online