5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audio Installation Guide

Rototerrier

Reaction score
This is helpful in so many ways!! I've stored a copy of this locally. Just knowing how to get the doors off and removal of the head unit is great info! That's one of the big issues I've had so far with this truck. There's just not enough info posted on how to get everything apart. I figure once they start slipping out of warranty, info will finally start flooding the net....and youtube. I can find how to do just about anything on my 3rd gen, but can't find hardly anything on the simplest of things on this 5th.

Yedi

Reaction score
Great write up, now hopefully someone comes out with a plug and play woofer upgrade

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
Darn it, Crutchfield. I've convinced myself for the month I've owned my Ram that this upgrade was not necessary ... As I didn't know where to begin, or how difficult it might be. Now you've made it look easy - Or easy enough. Well done!

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very helpful for those that haven't tore into it yet. Only issue I have with it is they claim you cannot replace the speakers in the headliner without dropping the headliner. This is incorrect. There are four tabs on the covers, one in each corner. They are in TIGHT, but they are removable and then you have easy access to the speaker. Two screws holding each speaker in. 3.5" speakers and same harness as the dash.

Users who are viewing this thread