5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audible warning chimes

Scott A

Reaction score
I've just bought a 2019 Ram 1500 Ltd and loving it ! I do have a question..( I may regret solving it but something just doesnt seem right).
There is pic on dash when seatbelts unfasten, but no audible alert ... Taking fob away from truck with truck running - again no alert ( other than words on dash). Is this normal ? Doesnt seem so to me .... any thoughts or comments would really be appreciated.
Thanks, Scott.

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
Here's a video on how to disable and enable the seat belt chime:
You also might have a Tazer DT installed, and that might be one of the features.

Brokay

Reaction score
Found on another forum for those interested.

I just wanted let people know that the same procedure for the 09-18 disable works on the 19’ as well. Simply put belt on, turn key on, wait till everything boots up in the cluster then Unbuckle and buckle three times while finishing with it buckled. Turn ignition off and you should hear a chime. No more belt alert.
If you bought your Ram used this may have been done by the previous owner. I'm not sure but I think doing the same steps will turn it back on.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
If you bought your Ram used this may have been done by the previous owner. I'm not sure but I think doing the same steps will turn it back on.
Agreed. Most likely scenario.

Duran

Reaction score
Try sitting in the truck turning it on run. Latching and unlatching 3 times. The kill the truck . I seen a video on you tube using this method to take the seat belt chime off. Please let me jnow . Ill try and find the video

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've just bought a 2019 Ram 1500 Ltd and loving it ! I do have a question..( I may regret solving it but something just doesnt seem right).
There is pic on dash when seatbelts unfasten, but no audible alert ... Taking fob away from truck with truck running - again no alert ( other than words on dash). Is this normal ? Doesnt seem so to me .... any thoughts or comments would really be appreciated.
Thanks, Scott.
I know I sold my 19 limited to a dealer a couple weeks ago with the chime disabled. Easy to turn back on if you want by following instructions in the posted video. Already disabled the chime in my new TRX as well.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
can this be disabled for the passenger seat as well?
Not sure. Imagine it would be the same process. I just noticed this morning that the passenger chime went off as my wife unbuckled while still rolling. Haven't tried it yet

Duran

Reaction score
Would ne interesting to find out

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don’t really know now, as I have since disabled it all thru Tazer DT, as well as playing with other things.

Users who are viewing this thread