5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audible dripping sound in cab

Reaction score
Ok so this is a long shot.

2019 ram big Horn crew cab with panoramic roof. Rear break light was leaking all 4 drain tubes were not installed correct and the back glass was leaking. All of this was fixed. No more water Leaks. The cab is dry.

Now when it rains I can hear a very loud audible dripping sound in the cab. Sounds like the right rear of the cab. NO LEAKS. when I go to check to find where the sound is coming from it moves to the front left of the cab. NO LEAKS. More like I'm just chasing the noise around

Is this a common noise in these cabs with the panoramic roof. It's not all the time, but it's enough to drive me crazy.

This sound was not in the truck prior to the drain tubes being put into place and the rear glass being replaced. Or the brake light being sealed.

Truck has been in and out of the shop multiple times over the last 2 months.

Thanks for any input. And no Turing the radio up does not help..

Last edited:

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Is it drip-drip-drip like a leaky faucet, or is it more of a steady noise? In my wife's car, water draining from the roof through the drain hose in the B pillar makes a racket. So if your noise is more constant, I think it would be considered normal.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
unless you post a video of the noise, going to be hard for anyone to really help you. Based on experience and how the sunroof's work, you could be hearing the water dripping into the sunroof frame which is normal to some extent. water will leak past the sunroof glass into the sunroof frame and then exit the frame through the sunroof drain tubes out of the vehicle. Depending on how hard it is raining, depends on how much water leaks into the frame. also, if the glass is not adjusted correctly, it can leak more to one side then the other which can cause you to hear the water dripping into the frame.

Reaction score
Is it drip-drip-drip like a leaky faucet, or is it more of a steady noise? In my wife's car, water draining from the roof through the drain hose in the B pillar makes a racket. So if your noise is more constant, I think it would be considered normal.
It's a drip drip drip like a faucet. More consistent more so under heavy rain.

Reaction score
unless you post a video of the noise, going to be hard for anyone to really help you. Based on experience and how the sunroof's work, you could be hearing the water dripping into the sunroof frame which is normal to some extent. water will leak past the sunroof glass into the sunroof frame and then exit the frame through the sunroof drain tubes out of the vehicle. Depending on how hard it is raining, depends on how much water leaks into the frame. also, if the glass is not adjusted correctly, it can leak more to one side then the other which can cause you to hear the water dripping into the frame
I always seem to hear it either at the center pillar on passenger side or right rear pillar and when I get a chance to get over there to listen to it it seems to move to the drivers side. Makes me think I'm going crazy. I know a video will help I will get one next time it rains. Its really weird how I'm just noticing it after all the water leaks have been fixed.
How is the glass adjusted. Is this based off of how the slide sits on the track and it's fixed to the glass??

Awood05

Reaction score
Ok so this is a long shot.

2019 ram big Horn crew cab with panoramic roof. Rear break light was leaking all 4 drain tubes were not installed correct and the back glass was leaking. All of this was fixed. No more water Leaks. The cab is dry.

Now when it rains I can hear a very loud audible dripping sound in the cab. Sounds like the right rear of the cab. NO LEAKS. when I go to check to find where the sound is coming from it moves to the front left of the cab. NO LEAKS. More like I'm just chasing the noise around

Is this a common noise in these cabs with the panoramic roof. It's not all the time, but it's enough to drive me crazy.

This sound was not in the truck prior to the drain tubes being put into place and the rear glass being replaced. Or the brake light being sealed.

Truck has been in and out of the shop multiple times over the last 2 months.

Thanks for any input. And no Turing the radio up does not help..
I experience the exact same thing when I run my truck through a brushless car wash. Sounds like a “babbling creek” but only last while it’s getting washed. Checked every place I could get my hands on and No LEAKS. Assume it’s normal.

Reaction score
I experience the exact same thing when I run my truck through a brushless car wash. Sounds like a “babbling creek” but only last while it’s getting washed. Checked every place I could get my hands on and No LEAKS. Assume it’s normal.
It's one of those noises once you hear it you can't un hear it.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
I just think it is amazing that the OPs truck came with a light to know when it breaks. Does this light really mean it is broken or that it just needs a rest? Mine just has the usual check engine light and stuff. Was it a special option or was it included with a package of some sort?

Anyone else out there get a "break" light in thier truck?

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I just think it is amazing that the OPs truck came with a light to know when it breaks. Does this light really mean it is broken or that it just needs a rest? Mine just has the usual check engine light and stuff. Was it a special option or was it included with a package of some sort?

Anyone else out there get a "break" light in thier truck?
It took a lot of self control for me not to go full on spelling Nazi when I saw that. 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread