5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audible Creak with Video

jameslavis

Reaction score
Hunting down the culprit, if it is even a problem. 2020 rebel, 3000km on it. Here's the scoop:
1) Teeking/Creeking happens when in drive, brake fully depressed, then let off (to pull up through drive through)
2) sound coming from front driver side
3) has continued 1 time when the truck was fully shut off and in park

Listen in the video, sounds like plastic ticking or creaking. peculiar.

Video link here

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine did that too for a couple weeks but before I could get it into the dealer it stopped and hasn’t come back .

jameslavis

Reaction score
interesting 3000km deep, would love to know what it actually is. Been doing it for about two weeks. Very localized sound.

jameslavis

Reaction score
I thought mine was coming from the passenger rear wheel .
Interesting. Mine's def the front driver. But once I got out and it still made the noise for a second or two which leads me away from the breaks. On the other hand, it only happens predictably when you touch/let go of the brake....

CptJen

Reaction score
I have the exact same issue on my 2020 sport. Front driver's side, super noticeable in drive-thru window. Mentioned it to dealer when I took it in to be levelled and they said they couldn't recreate it.

jameslavis

Reaction score
I have the exact same issue on my 2020 sport. Front driver's side, super noticeable in drive-thru window. Mentioned it to dealer when I took it in to be levelled and they said they couldn't recreate it.
all of this. I haven't taken mine to the dealer yet. We have an option here that they'll have a tech come outside. So between my video and ability to recreate it on the spot, they can't deny it. To me its a legit sound of some sort or an issue. I'm not sure which way to lean.

Users who are viewing this thread