5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aucar 11.8in android radio ram 1500 install question.

Undaground

Reaction score
Hi, I was able to pick one of these radios up from my big horn locally relatively cheap. I know many will state that the oem 12in is the way to go or a linkswell system but don't have that type of money right now. Anyways, my question is have any of you installed one of these radios in your truck? I'm running into a problem with fitment inside the bezel.

For some odd reason it will not sit flush on my climate control bezel. I have reached out to the manufacturer through WhatsApp and they have been responding and trying to be helpful but haven't had success. They asked for a video and pictures (which I provided) and they sent me back a video showing them making it fit easily. I just can't get it to line up to the screw location in the middle and there is some pressure in the middle that won't allow the unit to slide in snug.

They are using a ram rebel climate trim in the listing and also in the videos they sent me. I did a little diving around on the web and found that there are multiple climate control bezels that house the radios. I myself have a 8.4in and trim has the part number 5YU433XLAF. I found others on the web such as 5yu473xrad which was from a rebel. Even though they climate bezels appear to be the same or similar, could it be that minor differences could be causing the radio not to FIT? Anyone have success with these type of radios? If I try to force it to fit and try to screw it in the I know plastic screw holes will strip. Thanks in advance. If additional videos or pictures are needed just let me know. 1000014576.jpg 1000014577.jpg 1000014578.jpg 1000014564.jpg 1000014574.jpg 1000014580.jpg 1000014580.jpg 1000014582.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread