5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attention all Suspension Guru’s I need your help!

UniHorn

Reaction score
Attention all Suspension Guru’s!!!!!!! ...
I am in the process of custom building my truck with the dealership and I desperately need some help answering some questions so that I can decide which package options I am going to go with....

A) Laramie 2wd or 4wd?
B)Laramie w/ the “Offroad Package” C) Laramie w/ the Mopar 2” lift

This is going to sound completely backwards but I would like to build the truck around one of the following lift/level options, but I need to know if options 2 & 3 would even work?

1) Laramie 2wd/4wd with the 3.5” readylift or rough country?

2) Laramie w/ 4wd & “Offroad Package” which lifts the truck 1” via HD shocks, correct?
If I added the RL/RC 3.5” lift would this put me at 4.5”?!?!....Which would obviously not work.

3) Laramie 2wd/4wd w/ the Mopar 2” lift which gives me the fox shocks & a Mopar UCA....But will this work with the addition of a 1.5” strut spacer so that I can still achieve the 3.5” total that the RL/RC lift achieves?

I am most concerned with achieving the best ride quality & being able to squeeze 35” tires in without having to do any cutting because it is a lease & it will need to be returned to stock in 3 years. (Unless I love it so much I buy it out). Gas mileage is also a concern that’s why I am also considering doing the 2WD because I rarely go off-road, mainly city & highway driving.

Thank you for your help

Users who are viewing this thread