5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Atlis XT Electric Truck

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd like to see some specs on range while towing. I can't see any way they get significant range when pulling 20K let alone 35K lbs.

Reduxalicious

Reaction score
I can't get behind the Camera's replacing Mirror's.. I just can't, I like my back-up camera and what not, and BMW's Night Vision is also neat but this is just.. eh It would take some getting used to.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
We have seen a lot of false promises with insane specs in electric vehicles. Anyone remember Faraday Future? Of all the debuts I would say Rivian is probably the closest to actually coming to market.

The specs on this are impressive, it just remains to be seen if this will make it to production and keep those specs in tact. As already mentioned the range when towing is probably very compromised.

grinch72

Reaction score
No way this is coming to market. If you dive deep they have yet to find funding yet they think they will be to market in a few years... Not happening. Rivian on the other hand not only has funding but they also have a production facility all set and ready to go. I think they have a much better shot on coming to production before Atlis

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Modern vehicles are in development for at least 4-5 years. If they really think they'll be delivering vehicles in 2 years they're out of their minds, and I'd be extremely worried about fit and finish/reliability. BTW, having cameras for mirrors with no actual mirror is illegal in the US.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Independant rear suspension and they claim you can put 5,000 lbs in the bed..... I'd like to see the size of the spindle and wheel bearing. And how much the replacement costs when it fails.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
I hope they get the memo....

Truck owners apparently cannot go without a CD Player.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
IRS w/air springs, 10 bolt hubs
DRW option w/8' bed
That’s a massive amount of weight on an independent suspension, the amount of deflection in the frame that would happen from the weight would mean their frame needs a ridiculous amount of reinforcements. The gemetry of an IRS isn’t taylored towards heavy hauling. Solid axle would be far stronger.

Users who are viewing this thread