5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AT/HT hybrid?

tdager

Reaction score
Does anyone make an All Terrain/Highway hyrid tire? I drove mostly street/highway, but have a cabin in the woods and drive down firebreak roads to hike. Looking for a highway tire with mild AT capability.

Does it even exist?

Fatherdeath

Reaction score
usually hybrid is a more aggressive all terrain, for mostly high way with some rough roads the Continental TerrainContact AT is a good option, or find an aggressive all season tire

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the falken wildpeaks on my truck now (swapped out the factory duelers) and they are good but are pretty aggressive. From other posts on the forum I think you'd do well with the Cooper AT3 or the Hankook Dynapro ATM2

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the falken wildpeaks on my truck now (swapped out the factory duelers) and they are good but are pretty aggressive. From other posts on the forum I think you'd do well with the Cooper AT3 or the Hankook Dynapro ATM2
How's the humming noise from those Falken's?

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just put on the Hankook Dynapro AT2 (not the ATM2). I'm mostly street/highway, but hit the occasional dirt road or field hunting. Haven't had a chance to test the off pavement yet, but fingers crossed. I almost went with the Continentals listed above though, until Discount Tire talked me into this set

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How's the humming noise from those Falken's?
When I first put them on and was listening for an increase in noise I could tell they were louder than the stock dueler alenzas and thought maybe the ride was a bit more stiff but after 1-2 days I stopped hearing the noise difference and think the noticeable difference in ride was in my head. There are definitely certain freeway surfaces like a concrete bridge deck where they can be a bit louder but overall they don't have the hum of a lot of aggressive tires - nothing like the guys you can hear coming up behind you in the lifted trucks with mud tires on the highway! Important to note the wildpeaks I have are different from the tires that come stock on trucks with the off-road package - these are the wildpeak AT3W. I did a lot of gravel road driving this last weekend and the tires have crazy traction on gravel/rock roads.

falken wildpeaks.jpg note the tires I have are the falken wildpeak 2.jpg

Last edited:

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This may be surprising, but I've had a couple sets of Michelin Defender LTX over the years on trucks and SUV's. They are shockingly decent in mud and snow. I drive logging roads for hunting/fishing and I've always been pleasantly surprised. I too am intrigued by the Continentals so that will be a battle likely late this fall when I have to decide.

tdager

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. After doing a bit more searching I am leaning towards the Continental TerrainContact's as they seem to be the mildest A/T with the best street performance.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. After doing a bit more searching I am leaning towards the Continental TerrainContact's as they seem to be the mildest A/T with the best street performance.

Report back when you've had a chance to test them on and off road. I was going to put those on until Discount Tire talked me into the DynaproAT2s. Very curious as to your experience with them.

Users who are viewing this thread