5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Argh! Paint Pealing

raygun9

Reaction score
That does suck... sorry man. Was there a chip that just kept going?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That looks like a bad paint job. I've seen heavily chipped body panels that never peeled. Makes me wonder if a repair was done before delivery without your knowledge.

E4Baerospace

Reaction score
That looks like a bad paint job. I've seen heavily chipped body panels that never peeled. Makes me wonder if a repair was done before delivery without your knowledge.
Maybe, I bought it with a few miles on it from a Ram dealer.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep poor prep. chips don’t peel away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Maybe, I bought it with a few miles on it from a Ram dealer.

There looks to be a bit of delamination of the windshield next to the peeling paint. That could be a sign there was some sort of damage there and the dealership or even the transport company tried to fix prior to delivery.

Can you double check if that bit of glass there is delamination or just dirt? If it's not dirt, it could be more proof of prior damage to that section of the truck.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
Mine has started doing this same thing on the passenger side of the window pillar. I've owned the truck since new, (watched it roll off the truck), and the windshield is still OEM at 112,000 miles so it's very unlikely there's ever been damage or repair in that area.

My search didn't come up with too many incidences other than this thread from 2023 so I'm assuming it's not a widespread issue.

IMG_4669.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread