5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are UCA's required for 3.5" lift?

rob989_69

Reaction score
I found someone locally selling a readylift kit minus the UCA's. It's a killer price but I obviously don't want any issues down the line by not having them. Thoughts?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You need them. Depending on the price it could still be a good deal. You can buy the UCAs off of Amazon by their self.

rob989_69

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Any idea on teh part #? I was going to reach out to readylift today to see if they had it as I can't find info on their sight specifically for this.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Any idea on teh part #? I was going to reach out to readylift today to see if they had it as I can't find info on their sight specifically for this.
I am not sure on the part number. They are not yet listed as being for 2019s and are listed as just 4th gen UCAs for the moment. Many members here have installed them with zero issues.

Turbo1895

Reaction score
I am not sure on the part number. They are not yet listed as being for 2019s and are listed as just 4th gen UCAs for the moment. Many members here have installed them with zero issues.
Out of curiosity Why wouldn't RL just list the older UCA's as a fit for the DT rams if they actually do fit with no issues? They are significantly cheaper then the ones that come with the 2" level kit as well. This confuses me why they would miss all the sales of an existing product if it actually works.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Out of curiosity Why wouldn't RL just list the older UCA's as a fit for the DT rams if they actually do fit with no issues? They are significantly cheaper then the ones that come with the 2" level kit as well. This confuses me why they would miss all the sales of an existing product if it actually works.
Not sure on that one. Possibly to mislead customers into paying more for the same product, especially since they were the first to market anything for the 2019s. I bought their 2" top hat kit with control arms as the only other thing out was the RC preload spacer. Come to find out a month later that the suspension setup was the same as the 4th gens and I paid a whole lot more than I needed to.

Turbo1895

Reaction score
Not sure on that one. Possibly to mislead customers into paying more for the same product, especially since they were the first to market anything for the 2019s. I bought their 2" top hat kit with control arms as the only other thing out was the RC preload spacer. Come to find out a month later that the suspension setup was the same as the 4th gens and I paid a whole lot more than I needed to.
Yeah I just bought the same kit on Black Friday and got it 16% off and felt pretty good about it. Right now I am just confused and unsure of what I want to do. What I am unsure of, is a initial cost savings going to lead to a problem that ends up costing me double down the road to fix ? Right now, it sounds like we know the parts fit but is everything else the same (geometry, range of motion, etc)? Is it going to last long term? Hell, are any of these kits going to really last?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I just bought the same kit on Black Friday and got it 16% off and felt pretty good about it. Right now I am just confused and unsure of what I want to do. What I am unsure of, is a initial cost savings going to lead to a problem that ends up costing me double down the road to fix ? Right now, it sounds like we know the parts fit but is everything else the same (geometry, range of motion, etc)? Is it going to last long term? Hell, are any of these kits going to really last?
Not sure that anybody has done a side by side comparison between them, but multiple members here have had them installed and checked out at the shop and said everything looks great. Longevity is always a gamble, especially with first year runs of a new model. If you want peace of mind, I would install the kit you already bought so you aren't worried about it. That's why I bought mine to begin with. I didn't want to have to worry about the factory UCAs going bad early and having to replace them or the ball joint popping out of socket. The extra money for peace of mind is well worth it in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread