5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are they finalling electrifying tow mirrors?

19RebelZ

Reaction score
Was look at the brochure on ram website and it says they are available on Laramie and above models??? Is this accurate B47034ED-3CF8-4D5B-B334-64F6187BC6B9.jpeg

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes powered means you can adjust the mirror glass. Multi function is still a mysterious use of the word.

The wording hasn't changed since that was released last January

19RebelZ

Reaction score
So the Laramie and above have the heated feature? I was unaware of that. Heck I was just hoping it was progress. But I guess they’ll continue to pinch pennies

Livinfast85

Reaction score
So the Laramie and above have the heated feature? I was unaware of that. Heck I was just hoping it was progress. But I guess they’ll continue to pinch pennies
Yes, when you turn your rear defrost on it defrost the mirrors as well.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think some progress is being made. The Tow Mirrors on the HD are power-fold and support surround view camera. I'd wager this trickles into the 2020 1500's... with hopefully an OEM upgrade path.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I seriously think the tow mirrors will be gone from the 1500.

And the Hd ones probably aren't going to work for the 1500, yet...maybe in 2021 when the full new HD and the 1500 Refresh happens.

The tow mirror deal is unfortunate. We have posted the feature guide wording many,many times...but as @Old Ray said...the wording and the places they explained it , were vague and inconsistent. Some it showed up, others it did not. And it is unfortunate that dealers aren't better trained and educated on their product.

The tow tech package on the HD is awesome and available on each trim...unlike the 1500 that has something different for each one it seems at times.

The worst part is...Ram offered everything you guys want on the 4th GEN, which is why I think the tow mirrors were to go away, which in hindsight they just should have.

Conch007

Reaction score
Was look at the brochure on ram website and it says they are available on Laramie and above models??? Is this accurate View attachment 15490
Do yourself a favor and burn that brochure it’s usless I read through everything they had on this truck before I bought it and all they put out says a level 2 bighorn group comes with a power inverter and 115 v outlets it does not and they won’t correct it even though the window sticker says it is a level 2 equipment group. If they change stuff in production they should have to make that knowledge available.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and burn that brochure it’s usless I read through everything they had on this truck before I bought it and all they put out says a level 2 bighorn group comes with a power inverter and 115 v outlets it does not and they won’t correct it even though the window sticker says it is a level 2 equipment group. If they change stuff in production they should have to make that knowledge available.

I know up here in Canada we had 2 different Level 2 groups for the Bighorn. One had the power inverter and the other one didn't so if you didn't read the fine print then you wouldn't have it.

Conch007

Reaction score
I know up here in Canada we had 2 different Level 2 groups for the Bighorn. One had the power inverter and the other one didn't so if you didn't read the fine print then you wouldn't have it.
Yeah I read the print they didn’t post it so much so my build sheet calls it a level 2 equipment savings package and my window sticker calls it a level 2 equipment group. I reached out again with this information showed the discrepancy and they are now giving me a tailgate release fob as an upgrade. They were in the wrong and know it

Conch007

Reaction score
Yeah I read the print they didn’t post it so much so my build sheet calls it a level 2 equipment savings package and my window sticker calls it a level 2 equipment group. I reached out again with this information showed the discrepancy and they are now giving me a tailgate release fob as an upgrade. They were in the wrong and know it
When you buy it off a lot all you have is the window sticker not the build sheet. There in lies the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread