5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thabiiighomie

Reaction score
Background: I am 6’5” 250 lbs. I am a landlord and will be using the truck 75% of the time for work. At minimum, I will be towing 1-2 fridges and 1-2 stoves across town (at most, an hour each way). At maximum, during evictions I need to load a large trailer with all undesirables — sometimes an entire house worth of furniture and appliances. I usually rent 30’ dumpsters but those are $500 a piece and on a bad one I fill up two of them. I have not decided on the appropriate size trailer, since I haven’t decided on the truck just yet. Opinions are welcomed on that as well. I would like to be able to load the fridge and stove into the bed, avoiding the trailer on smaller jobs.

The other 25% will be for hauling my toys from Cincinnati to Detroit (the lakes). Doing the math on my friend’s boat (similar to what I am looking at purchasing):
5,500 (dry weight) + 800 (90gal tank) + 1,500 (trailer) = 7,800 lbs capacity needed to haul it to and from Detroit in the summers. Side note: Do must of you guys haul with no gas in the tank?

ANYWAY, here are the specs: (please critique them)

2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star
4x4
Crew Cab 5’7” Box

5.7-Liter V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine (no eTorque but I am not firm on that decision)

Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle (I was thinking an elock would be ideal for a slippery boat launch, but is it really necessary when I already have 4WD?)

3.92 Rear Axle Ratio (no brainer)

No air suspension, no larger fuel tank

Deployable Bed Step (is this a novelty item?)

No Trailer Tow Group, No Off-Road Group

Level 2 Equipment Group

Premium LED Lighting Group

Sport Appearance Package

Bed Utility Group

20.0-Inch x 9.0-Inch Aluminum Chrome Clad Wheels (wondering if these are worth paying more for chrome?) They come with 275/55R20 All Season Tires. (Any good?)

RamBox® Cargo Management System (I think you sacrifice 3” of cargo space on either side)

Tri-fold cover (seems like it should be hard cover and not fabric for safety/anti-theft)

Rear Wheelhouse-Liners

Uconnect® 4 with 8.4-Inch Display with NO navigation

Upgraded Sound System

Panoramic Sunroof

Rear Under-Seat Compartment Storage (SINCE Level 2 Equipment Group prevents you from getting a larger fuel tank, I figured might as well add this, too?)

Blind-Spot with Cross-Path Detection

Trailer Brake Control

I know this is A LOT to look at, but anything helps! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread