5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are there ever any incentives offered when special ordering?

Bitwise

Reaction score
I think I've decided to special order a 2021. I was hoping to get a good deal on a 2020 but pickings are slim and I can't get exactly what I want. Is there a 'best time' to special order? Are there times of the year where incentives or discounts are available to promote special orders i.e. black friday, Christmas, New Years eve, etc?

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You need to order now to "maybe" get delivery between Black Friday
and the end of the year. My Salesman and I are waiting for the end of the
Calender Year incentives and rebates to negotiate the final price.

Ordered mine on Sept 30. Expecting delivery Mid December.
MSRP on my Build is $71.155.

2021 Laramie Crew Cab, Ecodiesel, 4x4, Black with Night Edition.
12 in Screen, plus a lot of other bells and whistles, etc.

Malodave

Bitwise

Reaction score
You need to order now to "maybe" get delivery between Black Friday
and the end of the year. My Salesman and I are waiting for the end of the
Calender Year incentives and rebates to negotiate the final price.

Ordered mine on Sept 30. Expecting delivery Mid December.
MSRP on my Build is $71.155.

2021 Laramie Crew Cab, Ecodiesel, 4x4, Black with Night Edition.
12 in Screen, plus a lot of other bells and whistles, etc.

Malodave
I’m not necessarily expecting delivery by the end of the year. Just trying to figure out the best time to order. If there are end of the year incentives, could I wait to see what they are, order then and receive the incentives?

It sounds like you’re saying you can special order now and then retroactively receive any rebates or incentives later in the year.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think I've decided to special order a 2021. I was hoping to get a good deal on a 2020 but pickings are slim and I can't get exactly what I want. Is there a 'best time' to special order? Are there times of the year where incentives or discounts are available to promote special orders i.e. black friday, Christmas, New Years eve, etc?
You’ll get whatever incentives are available at time of delivery.

I received employee pricing, a conquest rebate, and a small customer cash incentive.

I was told you could request certain incentives from time of order be “protected”, such that you can still receive them at delivery. This was not my experience, despite making a couple of requests with FCA.

flyingpoint

Reaction score
You’ll get whatever incentives are available at time of delivery.

I received employee pricing, a conquest rebate, and a small customer cash incentive.

I was told you could request certain incentives from time of order be “protected”, such that you can still receive them at delivery. This was not my experience, despite making a couple of requests with FCA.
I am planning to order a 2021 Lmt. Now has 0% APR for 60 moths. May I know this "protected" works?

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Did you try using the ram 1500 search inventory website?

Can list exactly what you want. Just have to play with the zip code and keep moving it to find new search ranges. You are bound to find it eventually unless youre set on a 2021.

BNeal

Reaction score
If you're looking for the best factory incentives, my advice would be to wait until the July timeframe to order. Much later than that, and you could get pushed into the 2022 MY. I ordered my '21 mid-July and only received a $500 rebate for switching brands. But I did get the 0% financing and I bought the truck at invoice. Had I been looking for a '20, I would have received a ton of incentives.

Users who are viewing this thread