5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are there any mud deflectors that actually work?

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Weathertech and they do not seem deflect much. Are there any oversized mud deflectors that do a better job? It seems like as soon as the wheel is turned the side of the truck is covered. I'm just talking about normal paved roads not off-road.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My BIL has the HuskyLiner mudflaps because his retractable steps would freeze up in the winter with all the road crap. For $65 on Amazon he really likes them. Mine should be here tomorrow.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My BIL has the HuskyLiner mudflaps because his retractable steps would freeze up in the winter with all the road crap. For $65 on Amazon he really likes them. Mine should be here tomorrow.
Good, then you can give me a report on whether they actually work or not. ;) I've read that they work about as well as the Weathertechs.

bskubon

Reaction score
I have the Mopar solid rubber mudflaps, don’t have the pocket to catch anything. Like them and seem to work fine.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have the Mopar solid rubber mudflaps, don’t have the pocket to catch anything. Like them and seem to work fine.
I'd like to see pics if you wouldn't mind posting them. We put Mopar solid rubber flaps on our Limited. We had them on our 4th gens and they worked great. They were much bigger than the molded plastic ones from mopar, weathertech, or husky. So we bought some thinking the DT versions would be similar. But I was disappointed when I opened the package. They are actually smaller than the molded ones we have on our Laramie. I've been hoping they would make some for 5th gens that are more like the ones we had on our 4th gens. Here's a couple pics of our trucks with them. The solid rubber flaps are on the black truck on the right...

mud flaps.jpg

mud flaps 2.jpg

~Ocho1~

Reaction score
I should be receiving the Husky mud flaps today. Probably wont be able to install until the weekend though.

Klicht87

Reaction score
I have the Weathertech and they do not seem deflect much. Are there any oversized mud deflectors that do a better job? It seems like as soon as the wheel is turned the side of the truck is covered. I'm just talking about normal paved roads not off-road.
I have the Gatorbacks but they are expensive. They work really well. A lot of meat to them. Plus I like the design on my white truck image2 (2).jpeg image1 (7).jpeg

~Ocho1~

Reaction score
I installed the Husky mud guards this weekend. Very simple install. They also came with strips of PPF to place between the mud guard & the fender flare.

They fit great & look good. I haven't had a chance to really test them out & my truck is clean, so I will avoid testing them out for a while, lol.

Klicht87

Reaction score
Thank you...searched long and hard for a white midnight packaged truck. Thanks for the info about the razorbacks, never came across them. I've never been satisfied with factory mudflaps that don't really do much. I really like the looks and functionality of the gatorbacks but they are extremely pricey for mudflaps.
There are also Razorbacks. A little bit cheaper and pretty similar to the Gatorbacks.

Great looking truck by the way!

Users who are viewing this thread