5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are there any high mileage Gen3 Eco's with stock tune on here?

Bad Notch

Reaction score
2020 eco bone stock with170k on the clock. Never run any additives, and have run nothing but Rotella and truck stop DEF since new.

What Rotella have you been using ? I have only been using the Eco specific Quaker State and my intake is trashed.

2021EcoDiesel

Reaction score
I am 90% hwy mileage. I change the oil and fuel filter religiously at 9k miles.
I run about 70/30 Highway/City and change mine every 5k with Pennz Ultra Platinum Euro. My intake definitely has some soot in it, but it's not clogged yet. I'd be curious if your truck had an EGR or PCV issue that caused the intake to get trashed. 9k is a lengthy oil change in my eyes, but I'm old fashioned. That definitely shouldn't have caused your issue though, even in the manual it says anything less than 10k is acceptable. Best of luck with the repair and longevity of your truck.
Edit: 68k miles on the clock in my truck.

Last edited:

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2020 eco bone stock with170k on the clock. Never run any additives, and have run nothing but Rotella and truck stop DEF since new.

I have a 2021 bone stock with 120k on the clock. I haven't had a single problem with it.

Just curious.. do you guys ever tow trailers? That's pretty impressive to reach that mileage without oil leaks or any of the other issues.

On one of the other EcoDiesel forum's a member posted very positive oil analysis results after using Castrol for about 6000 miles. It was better than Pennzoil reports and much better than the Quaker state reports.

Interesting, considering that Pennzoil and Quaker State come from the same company and are extremely similar in virgin analysis.

Bad Notch

Reaction score
I run about 70/30 Highway/City and change mine every 5k with Pennz Ultra Platinum Euro. My intake definitely has some soot in it, but it's not clogged yet. I'd be curious if your truck had an EGR or PCV issue that caused the intake to get trashed. 9k is a lengthy oil change in my eyes, but I'm old fashioned. That definitely shouldn't have caused your issue though, even in the manual it says anything less than 10k is acceptable. Best of luck with the repair and longevity of your truck.
Edit: 68k miles on the clock in my truck.

I am probably going to fix it, get rid of it and go back to a Cummins truck. It has been great up until now.

cdsons

Reaction score
What Rotella have you been using ? I have only been using the Eco specific Quaker State and my intake is trashed.
T-6, I've never done an oil analysis so I couldn't tell you much beyond that. Heck for all I know my intake and EGR could be nearly plugged, but the only service light I have had was for a bad 4wd actuator. Still runs like it did when I drove it off the lot new right before Covid.

Bad Notch

Reaction score
That's not covered under the powertrain warranty?

Sadly it is the only thing excluded from the 100k powertrain warranty. I guess they knew it would be an issue like it was on the previous two generation trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread