5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are there any high mileage Gen3 Eco's with stock tune on here?

66Fuelie

Reaction score
Just curious about high mileage Gen 3 Ecodiesels. Mine is a 23 Limited 9 months old and have close to 40K.
If you reply let me know if you are tuned and or deleted.
Tom

tom318

Reaction score
Not sure if you would consider this high mileage but I'm at 92k totally stock and never a drop of any fuel additives. I had a hiccup once with the SCR but the DEF recall + some hard driving sorted that out so it didn't cost me anything. I'm happy so far! Plan is to keep it going, maybe after the fuel pump recall is done and I'm over 100k id consider some tuning.

2021EcoDiesel

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as tom318. 63k miles so not too high by any standard but more than the average lease term in 2.5 years of ownership. No tune here but I would consider one after factory warranty is up. Only ever had one clogged injector hiccup that was fixed by a long drive at higher rpm and fuel additive.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2021 Ecodiesel with 65K miles, GDE tune and have been using Hotshots EDT with the fuel since new.
I need to clean the MAP sensor to see if that helps with the Mileage I lost. I may have to resize the
tires in the BCM too with AlfaOBD.

Malodave

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
94,000km or 58,000 miles without any engine issues. No tune, completely stock. Towing a small travel trailer for 1/3 of those miles. I have been using Hot Shot EDT at every fuel up for the last 2 years, I also used Power Servive brand fuel additive for 6 month prior to the Hot Shot. My truck is scheduled for the fuel pump recall in late April.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
70k miles and have constant weight in truck. from overland gear or work equipment to dump trailers 😂 all stock use hot shots edt most times like every other fill up

only broke a drive shaft. from lift angles…

Mirowpl

Reaction score
Can someone explain what additives like hotshot and other additives are supposed to help or improve?

2021EcoDiesel

Reaction score
Can someone explain what additives like hotshot and other additives are supposed to help or improve?
Some of them are Snake Oil, but some of them do provide additional lubricity to the fuel which keeps high pressure fuel pumps and injection pumps happy, and others have detergents/dispersants that help keep your injector nozzles clean. They're all either cheap insurance, or a placebo to keep your mind at ease. I second what Rebelguy2020 says, do your own research and see if any of them are right for you!

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You guys have me worried that I'll never get to use my 125,000 mile Mopar warranty. I'm at 53,000 on my 2022 and haven't had any issues.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You guys have me worried that I'll never get to use my 125,000 mile Mopar warranty. I'm at 53,000 on my 2022 and haven't had any issues.
I am at 65K on my 2021 Laramie. Only had the Rear Parking Sensors stop working, the Minor recalls, and then there is the HPFP Recall.
I also have a 125K extended warranty.

@ Adam I live in Rindge NH

Malodave

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
138,000km (85k miles) on my ecodiesel. Tuned since 100,000km. I've had the HPFP recall done and the update for remote starting done and that's it. I've towed a ton with this truck and love it.

I change my own oil every 10-12k km with Quaker state.

Sent from my SM-S911W using Tapatalk

tom318

Reaction score
I'm at 96k miles, no tune (yet). No issues here and still waiting on HPFP recall to be completed. I do my own servicing, no fuel additives and its been a great vehicle so far. Still on original brakes and they look like they aren't even at 50%.
Oil change every 5-7k miles. Started with Pennzoil, then lots of Quaker state and now I'm on Castrol. No real reason for changing oil brands, bought a ton of Quaker state when it was on sale and I've always run Castrol in my other vehicles so when I saw they had an oil at Walmart that met the spec i decided to switch.

Argolfer

Reaction score
I'm at 96k miles, no tune (yet). No issues here and still waiting on HPFP recall to be completed. I do my own servicing, no fuel additives and its been a great vehicle so far. Still on original brakes and they look like they aren't even at 50%.
Oil change every 5-7k miles. Started with Pennzoil, then lots of Quaker state and now I'm on Castrol. No real reason for changing oil brands, bought a ton of Quaker state when it was on sale and I've always run Castrol in my other vehicles so when I saw they had an oil at Walmart that met the spec i decided to switch.
On one of the other EcoDiesel forum's a member posted very positive oil analysis results after using Castrol for about 6000 miles. It was better than Pennzoil reports and much better than the Quaker state reports.

Bad Notch

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Limited, 78k miles and my truck went in for a check engine light. It has a clogged intake manifold with soot and it needs replaced.

2021EcoDiesel

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Limited, 78k miles and my truck went in for a check engine light. It has a clogged intake manifold with soot and it needs replaced.
As someone who is right behind you in mileage, I’m a little anxious. How often did you change your oil? Did you go by mileage or by meter in the gauge cluster?

Users who are viewing this thread