5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are the mirror dimmers supposed to be on all three mirrors?

navnav94

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've got a Bighorn and I recently noticed that when I drive at night, my driver's side and rear view mirror dim correctly and on the driver's side mirror, I can clearly see the outline of the area where the dimmer is working. I noticed on my passenger side however, that it doesn't dim at night and I can't even see the outline of the area where the mirror would be dimmed. I'm taking it in for service next week to have this checked out but I was wondering if based on your trucks all three mirrors have the dimming effect or not?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Could depend on trim. All three are on the Limited. Would assume Longhorn as well, but who knows with FCA...

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you look up your "build sheet" online (not window or invoice sticker), you might be able to tell as it will list most equipment. The Limiteds have all 3 mirrors dimming. If you can see the "outline" on the passenger side mirror but it's not dimming, it's probably defective. I don't see any way FCA would pay for the dimming mirror but not activate it on the Longhorn.

banditsc

Reaction score
Just got the build sheet for my Bighorn Level 2 and it appear it doesn't have auto dimming on the passenger side, which is odd. The below are the only auto dimming options on my build sheet.

GNKP Rear View Auto Dim Mirror GNZP Auto Dim Exterior Driver Mirror

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Just got the build sheet for my Bighorn Level 2 and it appear it doesn't have auto dimming on the passenger side, which is odd. The below are the only auto dimming options on my build sheet.

GNKP Rear View Auto Dim Mirror GNZP Auto Dim Exterior Driver Mirror
Sorry to hear.

Huge bummer, considering it prob costs FCA a couple of extra dollars to include this.

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
What exactly are we looking for in the dimmer because I really dont notice any difference with it on/off. Can someone tell me what to look for?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
What exactly are we looking for in the dimmer because I really dont notice any difference with it on/off. Can someone tell me what to look for?
Exactly what it says. Dims the mirror so you don’t get blinded by headlights at night. There’s a huge difference with and without.

navnav94

Reaction score
Yeah, just checked with my brother's bighorn and his doesn't have dimmer on passenger side either. Not a major issue but still annoying that they wouldn't just make it standard for all three mirrors. Thanks guys!

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All three dim on my 2014 sport. I did notice when I was looking at the specs that the big horn does not have it on the passenger side which is not a huge deal but yea they could have spent a few bucks to include all three.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
All three dim on my 2014 sport. I did notice when I was looking at the specs that the big horn does not have it on the passenger side which is not a huge deal but yea they could have spent a few bucks to include all three.
Agreed.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
In my experience with sedans and SUVs, having only 2 dim is fairly common; I've driven some that don't offer the passenger mirror dimming as an option at all.

Users who are viewing this thread