5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are the led healights worth the $1,000 upgrade cost?

79 300

Reaction score
After seeing what people on here spent after the fact for LED headlights, taillights, fog lamps, wiring harnesses, and tearing apart the front end to do the swap, I think $1000 is a real bargain to get everything from the factory. When I ordered my truck most of the ones on the lot didn't have them, as well as the 8.4 nav. radio. It is an easy way to keep the sticker price down a little, and many buyers won't even notice they got the halogens. I never regretted getting them though. They just make the whole truck look modern and updated.

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
I unfortunately didn’t spec mine with them and regretted it almost immediately. I spent the $2k to change them over myself in the end. Best change I’ve ever made! Well worth the $1k from factory in my opinion. I did resell the old lights to take out some of the sting. Only cost me about $200 for my mistake in the end.

I didn’t mind ripping the front end off to fit them, it’s actually an easy replacement. I just wish I did it from factory.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those lights are what got RAM listed as a NIHS Top Safety Pick.
Exactly. I know some vehicles would have received a top safety pick except that the cheap old trash halogens perform so poorly they did not qualify. So not only do they look better they are also much safer for me and my family.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
how DID we all survive with the old Halogens?...oh the horror! lol..I do really like my LED's though...at 63 I need all the help I can get.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would say yes, considering the time and money I'm looking at to install LED headlights. It's over $1,000 to do it after the fact. Even a single banged up LED go for $400-500 on eBay

cochise111

Reaction score
I'm spec-ing out a Bighorn and have chosen everything but the headlights. Halogen for free or LED for $1,000 more. Are the halogens fine or no? Thoughts?
I had a 2014 with halogens. They were terrible. I wound up putting in HIDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/