5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are the led healights worth the $1,000 upgrade cost?

Reaction score
Funny you mention that; because I leave my parking sensors permanently turned off, I turn of my MDS everytime I hit drive, and am not a fan of the other nannys/safeties. However the backup camera is great, as are the power doors and locks and AC. So I'm not against progress, and I think LED's can look great, I'm just not a fan of this particular implementation and I don't feel it's worth the upgrade cost. Anyway... I don't believe I'll be changing anybody's mind so perhaps its best for me to head out this thread too.

No, the question the OP asked was is it worth it. So everyone's take (including yours) is informative information. So no need to remove yourself from the thread. Everyone is going to have different opinions and that's just fine. You cup of tea, may not be mine and visa/versa, nothing wrong with that.

Clayinfla

Reaction score
My halogen headlights are the only thing I hate about my truck. Enough that it was the complaint I gave to Ram on the survey.

Nozzleman

Reaction score
Worth it. I upgraded after the fact.
9ef25c60232cdec9a0eb7d335e9ff40c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Funny you mention that; because I leave my parking sensors permanently turned off, I turn of my MDS everytime I hit drive, and am not a fan of the other nannys/safeties. However the backup camera is great, as are the power doors and locks and AC. So I'm not against progress, and I think LED's can look great, I'm just not a fan of this particular implementation and I don't feel it's worth the upgrade cost. Anyway... I don't believe I'll be changing anybody's mind so perhaps its best for me to head out this thread too.
I think you are taking the wrong approach here. People start threads like this asking for other people's opinions on something they're making a decision about. The purpose of this thread isn't for us to try and change other people's minds. They are just asking for our opinions. No one's opinion is worth more than anyone else's. But all opinions are valuable in helping the OP make their decision. No need to leave if you have something that will add to the conversation. I just felt that bickering back and forth was no longer adding anything to the conversation.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also, the cutoff on the reflector LED housings is basically equal to projectors. They just put light in the correct places. You will not get that cutoff with the halogen housings if you throw some LED bulbs in them. They're not built to do it.

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
Ha this sounds just like me. And for the record I have no idea if I have LED or halogens, nor did I know there was options lol. I did however get from point A to point B at night a couple times so whatever shining in front of truck does the job.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ha this sounds just like me. And for the record I have no idea if I have LED or halogens, nor did I know there was options lol. I did however get from point A to point B at night a couple times so whatever shining in front of truck does the job.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Looking at your avatar it appears you have LEDs, congratulations!

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Worth it IMO. I came from previous vehicles where I would always have to spend money and modify/retrofit headlights for better output and would spend close if not more then the $1000 up charge to do it. So I was glad to save myself the hassle/headache to have it done already. They’re not the “limited” headlights but still very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the LED's on mine and love them . I have a van with Halogens and I've driven them both at night for a few hundred miles , I've never once thought that I needed more light with the van to see but with the LED's you can just see better .

BigD

Reaction score
I love the look of the Laramie LED's the best. I don't like the Limited ones. Too skinny imo. I hate the look of the halogen lights. It just comes down to personal opinion. Personally I'd buy whatever I could get the best deal on. Right now everyone is paying MSRP because of the conductor chip shortage, so u might as well order it exactly the way u want it. So damn glad I bought my truck 13 months ago when the deals were great !

Users who are viewing this thread