5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are the Chrome Inserts on the Door Handles Removable (Limited)?

bbetts00

Reaction score
I'd like to remove them to make painting significantly easier, but can't figure out how (or if it's possible).

Cack84

Reaction score
Any Luck? If so im interested in removing mine as well.

bbetts00

Reaction score
Any Luck? If so im interested in removing mine as well.
Didn’t get any response. I ended up plasti dipping without removing. Anthracite grey matches my granite crystal metallic body color, and I’m pretty happy with the way it turned out.

gr8schism

Reaction score
That looks really good for not removing to plasti dip. Wasn't sure if it was worth taking them off or not to dip them. Might have to give it a try.

bbetts00

Reaction score
Just saw this thread today:

KINGOFVA

Reaction score
anyone seen this? I've been to the dealer and they said they won't cover under warranty and it would be near $400 to replace the entire handle. 1st Ram I've ever owned and likely the last. Truck is not even two years old. How is it my problem this area was poorly put together? Now they want to charge me $400 to repair?????

1594931858906.png

19RamBC

Reaction score
anyone seen this? I've been to the dealer and they said they won't cover under warranty and it would be near $400 to replace the entire handle. 1st Ram I've ever owned and likely the last. Truck is not even two years old. How is it my problem this area was poorly put together? Now they want to charge me $400 to repair?????

View attachment 62189
My passenger door one started coming off and they replaced my whole handle under warranty no questions asked

Brando88

Reaction score

View attachment 62189
Mine just did the same thing!

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 62189
I will sell you a black diamond color handle with chrome $50.00
PM me

Truck$-4life

Reaction score
Is there any sites that just sell solid granite metallic handles?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is there any sites that just sell solid granite metallic handles?

They have many colors. Change color code in part number to see if yours is available.

Users who are viewing this thread