5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are our beds straight or tapered?

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m ordering an Xtrusion Overland bed rack, and they ask if the bed is straight (same inside width between rail near the cab and rear of the bed), or tapered?

I’m pretty sure 5th gens are straight and 4th gens (and HDs) are tapered, but would like to verify.

XO says to “Measure your bed and determine if it's tapered or straight! From inner bedrail edge, driver side to passenger side,” and that tapered beds are 62” near tailgate, and 65” near cab, while straight beds are 62” at both ends.

Why don’t you just get out there and measure it yourself, you may ask? I’ve got a Retrax tonneau on there that makes it difficult to get a good measurement, particular near the cab.

Anybody mind taking a couple of measurements and confirming? I’ve got a 6’4” bed, though I don’t know if that makes a difference. Thanks!

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
On the other hand, I’m not sure it even matters if it’s tapered, since I’m using a Retrax XR cover. With this cover, the feet for the rack will fit in the XR’s t-slots, and the rails (and genes t-slots) are by necessity parallel.

Still curious, so if anyone is able to provide a measurement, I’d appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/