5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are my assumptions correct about dealer discounts correct?

hustlinowl

Reaction score
I am considering buying my first truck. I haven't found the exact features I want at any of the dealerships around my area.

I built my ideal truck on RAM's website. I found a dealership that averages $11,500 off of RAM Big Horns. Can I go into the dealership and tell them I want to order my exact truck online and have it delivered but want to get the $11,500 off it as they have on their lot?

If there is a resource on here for how to order a build online I would love if someone could link it up.

Luxy72462

Reaction score
Look at the fine print on the rebates. The dealer advertises up to XXX off but not everyone qualifies for all the rebates. When I bought mine back in December it was the same thing. I qualified for $8000 of the almost $11k in rebates at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hustlinowl

Reaction score
Look at the fine print on the rebates. The dealer advertises up to XXX off but not everyone qualifies for all the rebates. When I bought mine back in December it was the same thing. I qualified for $8000 of the almost $11k in rebates at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the insight. I will probably have to call or go in to see the qualifications. They just show it as a flat discount. But I am aware of the financing and other requirements for qualification. Thank you.

Biscuitz23

Reaction score
From what I know when I bought my truck. If you qualify for the rebates then you can subtract it from the truck that you built. But the dealership discount is just usually trucks that they had on their lot for awhile and they lower them to make them a bit more appealing for people to purchase. Least that's what happened to me.

BlckDT

Reaction score
You will also receive the consumer rebates at time of taking delivery, not at time of ordering. So, rebates could change between now and then. Keep that into consideration.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Email your dealer everything you want and ask for their best offer on a POC. That will list every option that will be on your built order and also show the discounts, holdback, employee pricing, and then what their actual offer is. I requested these all through email from various dealers before I ever set foot at a dealership to put in the order. The ones that didn't want to provide, I simply didn't use.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You will also receive the consumer rebates at time of taking delivery, not at time of ordering. So, rebates could change between now and then. Keep that into consideration.

Not necessarily. Check with your dealer. Many of us had the rebates at time of ordering "locked in" but could take advantage of better rebates at time of delivery if they changed.

BlckDT

Reaction score
Not necessarily. Check with your dealer. Many of us had the rebates at time of ordering "locked in" but could take advantage of better rebates at time of delivery if they changed.

That's a great point. If the rebates change for the better....

hustlinowl

Reaction score
Email your dealer everything you want and ask for their best offer on a POC. That will list every option that will be on your built order and also show the discounts, holdback, employee pricing, and then what their actual offer is. I requested these all through email from various dealers before I ever set foot at a dealership to put in the order. The ones that didn't want to provide, I simply didn't use.

This is perfect, exactly what I was looking for but didn't know what I was asking. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread