5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are charm repair manuals any good?

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't heard of these. I'm very familiar with 3rd gen Honda Preludes so I checked out the Charms manual for those. It's definitely not just a copy of the factory manuals, but it does use the same diagrams that are in the factory manuals. And the information contained looks to be accurate. I can't say for sure that the 5th gen Ram 1500 manuals are accurate. But judging by the accuracy of the 3rd gen Prelude manuals I'd give them a try.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Only up to 2013 Ram, and quickly browsing through, it’s just an over complicated series of clicks to browse through the factory owners manual. No real service info like you’d find through tech authority.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I agree about the complicated series of clicks, but I didn't have any trouble navigating through the Prelude manual to see how to replace the head gasket. It even includes torque specs for all fasteners. I am not familiar with tech authority so I can't make a comparison to that. But I would rate this much better than trying to use a Haynes or Chilton manual (high bar, I know LOL).

Users who are viewing this thread