5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are all wheel brands the same?

Echance01

Reaction score
I am almost ready to pull the trigger for my lift, rims and tires and hoping to get some thoughts and advice on which wheel brands I should stick to (and stay away from). I will admit, I find the sheer number of choices overwhelming and hoping there is a list or website that helps break down which brands are the best and which are the worst. Looking through the forums I see lots of owners running Fuel, XD, Moto Metal and Mayhem brands. Any thoughts, advice and resources would be greatly appreciated.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like any product with multiple manufacturers, they're not the same. Many people will tell you to stay away from Chinese made wheels.....I have no opinion on that other than I do like to support American companies.

Your best bet is to go find the look you want and then see what the reviews are on that particular rim and then buy them from a reputable local dealer if possible. You'll pay a few more bucks locally but if the dealer is reputable, they'll handle the repairs and returns without you having to deal with the frustration.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Id disagree on all that. Most are made in the same Chinese factories and are basically the same, cast wheel anyways. If it’s not China, it’s some other cheap labor country. The finishes are mostly the same quality across all the brands. Like a fuel wheel vs an XD Vs a Hostile? Same. These are all solid brands btw, decades of experience and sales, can’t really go wrong.

Some of the cheaper brands probably have lesser quality finishes, but that’s just speculation on my part.

Unsure about warranties on the brands, I’d take another educated guess and say they are all probably similar, and the better known brands are probably easier to deal with.

I’d just hop on customoffset and get whatever you want. Or find what you want there and eBay it. Walmart and amazon have random rollback and sale prices on tires.

Customoffsets is usually close enough in price that the simplicity makes it worth the little extra you might pay. And you get TPMS and lug nuts all in one if it’s overwelming to you.

Otherwise PM me and I can tell you where to get cheap OEM TPMS sensors. And you can get mcgard lug nuts for ~80-100 on autoanything if you use the chat and price match.

Users who are viewing this thread