5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are 2024 Ram 1500s with Hemi V8 still shipping to dealers?

truckyourself

Reaction score
Are 2024 Ram 1500s with Hemi V8 still shipping to dealers? Just wondering if what we see at dealers is all that's left or not.
I want a V8 Hemi before it goes bye bye, not sure if I can wait a month or 2 as I would prefer.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealer lots are filled with them already and most are deeply discounted.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The discounts seem to be working. My local dealer had over 100 trucks on the lot a couple of months ago, they are down to 32 as of today. Roughly seeing about 15% - 20% off certain trims, some a lot less.

Dewey

Reaction score
The discounts seem to be working. My local dealer had over 100 trucks on the lot a couple of months ago, they are down to 32 as of today. Roughly seeing about 15% - 20% off certain trims, some a lot less.
Big discounts in my area and the trucks are still not moving. Same inventory for over a month now and maybe 1-2 sold. Really surprised nobody is jumping on those discounts. Maybe they’re waiting for 2025’s.🤔

One dealer even has an overstock on Hemi Challengers including Hellcats. Saw a leftover 2023 R/T with a $8500 discount. Even have discounts on 2024’s. That’s unheard of especially considering it’s the last call for Hemi’s. Wasn’t long ago and every one had a large market adjustment added to MSRP. Never seen more than one new Challenger at this small dealer and now they have 7-8 that have been sitting for months. I’m sure they’ll eventually sell with nicer weather before summer and people get more excited about them.

Last edited:

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Big discounts in my area and the trucks are still not moving. Same inventory for over a month now and maybe 1-2 sold. Really surprised nobody is jumping on those discounts. Maybe they’re waiting for 2025’s.🤔

One dealer even has an overstock on Hemi Challengers including Hellcats. Saw a leftover 2023 R/T with a $8500 discount. Even have discounts on 2024’s. That’s unheard of especially considering it’s the last call for Hemi’s. Wasn’t long ago and every one had a large market adjustment added to MSRP. Never seen more than one new Challenger at this small dealer and now they have 7-8 that have been sitting for months. I’m sure they’ll eventually sell with nicer weather before summer and people get more excited about them.

Yup, last call, but they are sitting there now even with discounts when a few months ago they had tacked on prices. I think the higher interest rates have really sapped some buyers. But the numbers for sales came in today for the industry, the sales are still growing which is surprising, but likely takes a while to make an effect, suspect next quarter will be interesting.

truckyourself

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Sounds like I should jump on it now.
There are many V8s that's true, but out of 4 spec variations I want, 2 are not available in entire US, 1 spec only in other states outside Illinois, and there is just 1 dealer nearby with the spec I want.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Or maybe they decided to read this forum before making a purchase. I sure wish I had.

truckyourself

Reaction score
Where you at???
I went to 3 RAM dealers in Chicago suburbs today and was quoted INSANE lease payments on a Laramie...

Dealer 1 = $767/mo for 39 months (in North Aurora)
Dealer 2 = $1079/mo for 60 months (in St. Charles) no that's not a typo
Dealer 3 = $950/mo for 42 mos (in Schaumburg)

To put in perspective, it should've been around $580-$600/mo if they were giving great deals and good interest rates.
Will make this another thread, but figured I'd update y'all

Dewey

Reaction score
Where you at???
I went to 3 RAM dealers in Chicago suburbs today and was quoted INSANE lease payments on a Laramie...

To put in perspective, it should've been around $580-$600/mo if they were giving great deals and good interest rates.
WI
I avoid Chicago like the plague.😆

MarPar

Takes a MoPar to catch a MoPar
Reaction score
Where you at???

Talk to Heather Garcia at Hawk CDJR in Forest Park. She is the general sales manager and is straight up with no BS. She helped me with my Laramie lease in November 2022.

Caveat: My truck was on her lot when I negotiated for it.

Pm me if you want a name drop. LOL

IMG_4081.jpg

truckyourself

Reaction score
Talk to Heather Garcia at Hawk CDJR in Forest Park. She is the general sales manager and is straight up with no BS. She helped me with my Laramie lease in November 2022.
They literally have 0 RAM stock on their lot but thanks for the suggestion

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where you at???

Quick internet search of Chicago area shows many deeply discounted 2024 Laramie Rams in the area.

Here is one discounted over $13,000.

truckyourself

Reaction score
Quick internet search of Chicago area shows many deeply discounted 2024 Laramie Rams in the area.

Here is one discounted over $13,000.

Thanks. Trust me, I searched far and wide every night past 2 weeks.
I sat down with several dealers including that one and the ones with $13k off like link you posted are based on cash or financing, which was an option, until they were quoting me 7% and 8% interest on a 6-7 year finance. Even if I got 5 or 6% from my credit union, it was a crazy payment.

With the lease, the $13k off doesn't apply, you get about $7k to $8k off.
I got 1.3% interest, only $1000 out the door, 42 months, 10k miles/yr, and LOVE MY NEW RAM - 1st time buyer.
In 3 years I plan to buy it, will be about same payments, and keep it until it blows up.

Checker629

Reaction score
Purchased a new 2024 1500 Limited for 20% off MSRP from dealer in Elk Grove, CA.
Same here, I got 20% from a dealer in MD. Made the deal on Monday, just in time for the 10% off MSRP incentive... That incentive has been reduced to an even $2500 off of Limiteds so I'm extremely happy about my deal.

VTCharlie

Reaction score
I got mine here in Vermont the end of March,I was pleasantly surprised with the decent discount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online