5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approach lights

Grimey

Reaction score
Hello all,
I used to own a second generation Titan before purchasing my 2020 Ram. When the Titan was locked, the puddle lights would illuminate as you approach the truck (perhaps at about 4-5” from the truck).
The ram doesn’t appear to do that. I have the sport edition (I live in Canada).
I looked through the UConnect options but I didn’t see anything there.
Is this an available feature that my truck didn’t come with? Or is this something not offered on the Ram?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arth

Reaction score
Hello all,
I used to own a second generation Titan before purchasing my 2020 Ram. When the Titan was locked, the puddle lights would illuminate as you approach the truck (perhaps at about 4-5” from the truck).
The ram doesn’t appear to do that. I have the sport edition (I live in Canada).
I looked through the UConnect options but I didn’t see anything there.
Is this an available feature that my truck didn’t come with? Or is this something not offered on the Ram?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a Nissan thing. My Maxima did that as well. The car would sense when the key fob was getting close and it would turn on the puddle lights. Unfortunately no such option exists right now for the Ram.

Nozzleman

Reaction score
That would be really nice to have, but I haven't seen it.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah it's a Nissan thing. Our Pathfinder does it. You'll also miss the "hold unlock on the fob to roll the front windows down" if you used that feature. I used it all the time in my Titan on hot days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online