5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Appleplay and USB

recon15

Reaction score
So im not a fan of Apple carplay. I just want to be able to use the front usb's without it connecting to my phone. Is there a setting that im missing to turn that feature off?

LincolnSixAlpha

Reaction score
I'm not sure that you can, and I don't think that car play can be uninstalled from the phone, as I believe it's simply built it to the OS. Maybe another way around is to throw in a 12v usb plug, and just plug the phone into that? No carplay, just charging.

recon15

Reaction score
I think that's exactly what I will need to do.

Swag1981

Reaction score
go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions and click the “Allowed Apps” button. From there, you can disable CarPlay while your phone is plugged in and charging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProdigyDude

Reaction score
Unfortunately it was too much work for Ram to implement an off feature so you’ll have to look for bypasses like the ones mentioned above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tigercat74

Reaction score
You can buy a USB cable that passes power only. No data. I bought one on Amazon.

BugGuy

Reaction score
There are also magnetic charging cables that don't pass data. It has a dongle that plugs into your phone, and a wire that plugs into your truck. They connect magnetically. Charge, but no data. Kind of neat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/