5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple vs Samsung

AevJk1day

Reaction score
In the market for a new phone and have yet to take delivery on the Rebel.
Curious if there anyone has insight to pros and cons of either type of phone based on experience with UConnect?

Ive heard you can do a little more with androids. Someone said there’s a hack for YouTube mirroring to the 12” screen with Androids. That would be nice while waiting on the wife to get out of Walmart!

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Samsung is usually locked down as tight as Apple with regards to the bootloader. If the YT hack requires an unlocked bootloader and/or a custom ROM, you might want to consider an unlocked Pixel phone. If you're not sure, XDA forum is a great place to tweak your Android devices.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wife has an iPhone, I've got an S21 Ultra. Both work fine with Uconnect in my Ram and her Jeep. The interfaces are a little different between Carplay and Android Auto and there are advantages/disadvantages for both. She prefers Apple, I prefer Android. Different strokes for different folks. If possible borrow an Apple and Samsung phone from friends/family and head to the dealer to try out both in a similar truck to see what you like better.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm an Android guy. But if you already have an apple or an Android, I would just stick with whatever you have. Unless you really want to change. They both work great with Uconnect. Of course since I'm an Android guy I would only recommend Android LOL

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

mmcbeat

Reaction score
I’ve been an Apple fan since day one. I had to change my carrier because originally AT&T had an iPhone exclusive. I also use an iPad instead of a PC, I like the way the phone and tablet work together with contacts, messages, ebooks, etc. Over the years I have purchased numerous apps for the iPhone/iPad, a change would not be In my best interest.

AevJk1day

Reaction score
Will the navigation in the Rams allow the passenger to I put an address while on the move?
My parents’ Pacifica is ridiculous and you can’t do much of anything while in motion. I understand why, to some extent...yet fiddling with an all-electronically-controlled infotainment system and comfort controls is totally fine. Just don’t you even think about putting in an address. Drives me nuts.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Will the navigation in the Rams allow the passenger to I put an address while on the move?
My parents’ Pacifica is ridiculous and you can’t do much of anything while in motion. I understand why, to some extent...yet fiddling with an all-electronically-controlled infotainment system and comfort controls is totally fine. Just don’t you even think about putting in an address. Drives me nuts.
No

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

Users who are viewing this thread