5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Music on Car Play not working,,,,,

jamphotostudio

Reaction score
Hi All,

I had a new development this morning right before i left this morning. I got in my car and plugged my phone in. It showed the apps on my 8.4" screen, instead of the music app already being open. So, I touched the tiny icon on the left side of the screen, and it showed the music I had been listening to last for about half a second, and then immediately flashed back to the big icons on the entire screen. After that every time I touch the music app it just flashes there quickly and then back to the main screen with the big icons.

Then I started the music on my phone and while it was playing I selected the app again on the screen and it immediately shut off the music and defaulted to the main Apple Car Play screen again!! I took it to the dealer for my service and they messed with it for 4 HOURS and gave it back to me the same way I gave it to them!! I love my truck, but I'll trade that **** in a heartbeat if I have to deal with this problem for much longer!!

Besides all that, I'm having an issue where Music doesn't see my entire library. It only shows "Recently Downloaded". It will occasionally show the library for a few seconds and I try to get through the selection process to pick my music, but by the time I get there it has already cancelled out of that back to Recently Downloaded.

Then there's the issue when I turn the music up it starts compressing all the bass and the volume goes up and down depending on how intense the music is. It's almost like the noise cancellation for the cabin is kicking in or something.

I'm so over the radio issues with these vehicles!! I'm going back to 8-track!!

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread