5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Music/Bluetooth

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just realized this morning that Apple Music will play via Bluetooth. I have the 12" screen and I was having trouble getting my playlist to play thru Apple CarPlay with the cable. I started fiddling around with it and and touched the Bluetooth icon on the screen and the playlist started playing without the phone being connected to the truck with a cable. I took a pic of the screen which shows the icon. It's the second one down on the screen. I've had trouble off and on with Apple CarPlay. Switched out cables, etc., and perused the forum to see other people having problems and I thought I saw comments where folks were saying that CarPlay wouldn't play via Bluetooth. Not sure what's going on; but it's working.

Attachments

• Apple Music.jpg
    Apple Music.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Reaction score
Apple Car play doesn’t happen via Bluetooth. But what you are showing a pic of is Apple Music playing via Bluetooth.I get it can be confusing. You can listen to you Apple Music via Apple Car Play or via Bluetooth just like your doing now. The way you use apple car play is you plug in your phone to the usb near the entertainment unit (not the one inside the top storage console) and you tap the 1st source (usb) and your phone will confirm that your trying to do it and once you click confirm you should be good to go.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Apple Car play doesn’t happen via Bluetooth. But what you are showing a pic of is Apple Music playing via Bluetooth.I get it can be confusing. You can listen to you Apple Music via Apple Car Play or via Bluetooth just like your doing now. The way you use apple car play is you plug in your phone to the usb near the entertainment unit (not the one inside the top storage console) and you tap the 1st source (usb) and your phone will confirm that your trying to do it and once you click confirm you should be good to go.
Thanks. Getting CarPlay to work has been hit or miss for me. Tried different cables. It just seems to have a mind of its own, even when trying to use Waze thru Carplay.

ErikNJ

Reaction score
For me, I’ve found pocket lint in the iPhone’s lightning port to be a problem. Gently clearing it with a toothpick has worked.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For me, I’ve found pocket lint in the iPhone’s lightning port to be a problem. Gently clearing it with a toothpick has worked.
Yes. I've done that and it didn't seem to help. There actually wasn't much lint in the port.

Users who are viewing this thread