5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Maps navigation on HUD?

aussie_ram

Reaction score
Am I the last to find this out? I was just taking a drive and set my destination in Apple Maps on my iPhone (I usually use Google Maps). To my surprise, it integrated with the heads up display navigation.

I clicked the nav button on my uconnect to make sure I didn't accidentally set destination on the onboard nav, but it was definitely navigating using Apple Maps on Carplay, but giving me directions on the HUD and my cluster also.

Very cool

Last edited:

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, it's a good feature. I wasn't sure I'd like the HUD when I ordered it, but I fell in love with it after driving about 5 minutes with it.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Do you have Uconnect 5? Wonder if that works with Android Auto.

Mr. Grumpy

Reaction score
I wish it was only in the HUD, I don’t like that it also takes over the instrument cluster display.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
is it possible to make it show on the instrument cluster on Uconnect 4? 2021 ram w/o HUD?
No, not at this time. Uconnect would have to do an update. And since they moved on to 5, I doubt we will see it.

aussie_ram

Reaction score
Do you have Uconnect 5? Wonder if that works with Android Auto.
UConnect 5, correct. I assume it does not work with Android as Google Maps does not show on my HUD, just Apple Maps. They must have set up some kind of integration specifically with Apple Maps.

Users who are viewing this thread