5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple CarPlay on a 2022 2500. Problem with connecting my phone

Kcfan491

Reaction score
I came from a 2019 Limited to a 2022 Laramie 2500

CarPlay worked great on the other truck but it’s really driving me crazy on the new truck. The first day I couldn’t get it to connect. It would play through Bluetooth but not connect to the CarPlay so I can have my maps on the screen.

I went into truck settings and reset all settings. It worked for two days after that and then now it won’t connect again. It’s really been frustrating because being connected like that makes the driving experience a lot better

In my 2019 I never used the Bluetooth. I preferred connecting with the cord but that’s not an option on the 2022. It says you can connect via USB but that doesn’t seem to work at all for me. Anyone have any advice

Phone is an iPhone 12 Pro Max

Thanks

And here is video I shot about the truck if anyone is interested

2022 Ram 2500 Laramie Night Edition Review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is an update that helps carplay issues. It came out in Nov, not sure if it applies to you or not. New software level would be S21C.6

Kcfan491

Reaction score
There is an update that helps carplay issues. It came out in Nov, not sure if it applies to you or not. New software level would be S21C.6

Thanks for sharing. The truck is on my AT&T plan but I assume I need to get it connected to my house Wi-Fi to do an update?

It wouldn’t connect all day yesterday but today it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It should do it ota. Did you check your software levels? You may be able to go to driveuconnect.com and check for the update there.

Users who are viewing this thread