5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

apple carplay/android auto fulls screen?

ramhouston

Reaction score
Does anyone know if u can do full screen (12”) for carplay/android auto on the uconnect 4 systems?

Mpgrimm2

Reaction score
My CarPlay comes up full screen 12” unconnect5
Sorry I should have clarified (overlooked it in the OP), Carplay does... Android Auto doesn't go full screen on uC5 12"...
So sad

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s dumb. If they’ve got the real estate why not use it all
Funny thing is I would like to have carplay on 1/2 of the screen. So I can have google maps on one half and something else like Sirius on the other half. Does anyone know if that is possible? UConnect5 12"

Jeremy1974

Reaction score
Funny thing is I would like to have carplay on 1/2 of the screen. So I can have google maps on one half and something else like Sirius on the other half. Does anyone know if that is possible? UConnect5 12"
Yes, you can actually cut it up several different ways.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the video but it really did not illustrate how to have Apple Carplay on one half and Uconnect features on the other half. I figured out how to add/rearrange Uconnect features but haven't figured out how to mix them. But Thanks!

Triton63

Reaction score
I have not figured that one out yet. Will play with it more tomorrow and see if I can figure it out. Only thing I’ve done like that is in CarPlay on the very bottom left there is 3 boxes that split maps, phone, and music onto the screen at once. On another note, Had an ota update today while I was pumping fuel... it was done by the time the pump was. I was surprised it went that fast

Triton63

Reaction score
So with the truck in park click on home. Bottom left should say my pages, click on the little squares next to my pages. It’ll say add page, delete current page, reorder pages. Click add page and it’ll give you all of the home page options some of which are half CarPlay half other controls. The little dots on the bottom center of the screen are you’re set up home pages. I find it’s kind of clunky to switch between them while driving.

also to note each of the cut up sections that aren’t CarPlay have a little circle with a pen. Those are edit functions to change what is in the box so if you set one for shortcuts and you want it to be something else later click the pen and you can change it to something else. I hope that made sense

mhb1638

Reaction score
I was under the impressiont hrough various forums that Google may be working on this feature with the redesign of AA. Obviously CP gets it right and is much quicker and better at voice responses, whereas AA struggles sometimes to understand me. But I'm hoping the new UI will fix these shortfalls.

*One thing I truly hate is after 1-2 text messages, the next series it reads the text, then lowers the volume partially during my reply voicing me to yell my response. Done this on UC4 and now 5. Does it in my truck and Scat.

Triton63

Reaction score
That sucks. I have heard mixed reviews with aa and have not had an android while having a vehicle capable of running it. CarPlay is fantastic but I noticed once running Apple Maps in between one direction and another the volume of the radio stayed down for several minutes. Not much maybe 3 notches. This happened a few weeks ago in my wife’s jeep too.

Users who are viewing this thread