5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple CarPlay and in cluster turn directions don’t match

jbjohn2

Reaction score
Is anyone else having the issue where the applecar play map is telling you to turn right but the turn directions in the cluster say to turn left? The map on the 12” screen is correct but the cluster direction is reversed. Cluster is saying to be in the right lane to turn left. See attached pics

Attachments

• IMG_0512.jpeg
    IMG_0512.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0510.jpeg
    IMG_0510.jpeg
    142.9 KB · Views: 82

oe542bob

Reaction score
One weird thing I have happening is in the dash it will say “you have arrived at your destination“, shows the checkered flag, but I still have 3.2 miles to go. Map is correctly routing me till the actual destination though.
This is while I am using Apple Carplay.

Papi4baby

Reaction score
I have noted this problem, I believe is not a ram
Issue but an IOS or map software maker.

I also only use google maps now because Apple Maps will put the GPS turn and distance on my center dash full time like the factory nav. The difference is the factory nav will go away after bit and come back when you get closer, Apple Maps is not doing that and it blocks my gauge info screen.

skyhawk42

Reaction score
Question about this. I did the swap from the 8.4” non nav in my 22 ram with a 12.1” out of a 23. I don’t have nav prompts in the cluster and I don’t see it as an option to turn on. Is that a setting I missed in Alfa or is it something I’m overlooking in the truck?

jbjohn2

Reaction score
I am not certain but I am guessing you don’t have the right cluster. I am sure the cluster isn’t the same across the trim levels.

akostaac

Reaction score
Question about this. I did the swap from the 8.4” non nav in my 22 ram with a 12.1” out of a 23. I don’t have nav prompts in the cluster and I don’t see it as an option to turn on. Is that a setting I missed in Alfa or is it something I’m overlooking in the truck?
I will update you if mine works. I'm doing the upgrade 2022 Ram 1500 uconnect 5 8.4 non nav to Uconnect 5 12' but my upgrade parts are from a 2022 Ram TRX. I had a 2021 Ram 1500 with Uconnect 4 12' and those driving prompts will only come into my evic if you are using the nav app that comes from factory not Carplay tho..

skyhawk42

Reaction score
I will update you if mine works. I'm doing the upgrade 2022 Ram 1500 uconnect 5 8.4 non nav to Uconnect 5 12' but my upgrade parts are from a 2022 Ram TRX. I had a 2021 Ram 1500 with Uconnect 4 12' and those driving prompts will only come into my evic if you are using the nav app that comes from factory not Carplay tho..
I’m still curious about this. I don’t see any option to turn it on. Ive tried both the factory nav and the CarPlay/waze and still nothing on mine

akostaac

Reaction score
I’m still curious about this. I don’t see any option to turn it on. Ive tried both the factory nav and the CarPlay/waze and still nothing on mine
Is your cluster/ EVIC the same as the one in the picture in question in the first post???

skyhawk42

Reaction score
I don’t have the blue halo around the analog gauges, but the center looks the same from what I can tell

akostaac

Reaction score
Just finished my upgrade to Uconnect 5 12inch from Uconnect 5 non nav and I don’t have turn by turn prompts on my instrument cluster 🤦🏻‍♂️

rodneyiii

Reaction score
One weird thing I have happening is in the dash it will say “you have arrived at your destination“, shows the checkered flag, but I still have 3.2 miles to go. Map is correctly routing me till the actual destination though.
This is while I am using Apple Carplay.
I had the same issue on a road trip last July. Couldn't figure out what was going on.

akostaac

Reaction score
In alfaobd, go to CustSetMenu 1: Navigation Turn-by-Turn CSM Present- YES. Reboot the radio twice by holding power down about 10 seconds and the option should show up in settings. Mine is working now with native gps and apple maps as well. Thanks to @Jimmy07 🙏🏼

Users who are viewing this thread