5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple CarKey New feature

jeffauclair

Reaction score

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems like a cool idea. However I don't think our trucks would be compatible with it as it would require different hardware.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So far the only rumour is bmw will be the first.

Will it require new (or newest) phones and watches?

I doubt this will happen for pre-existing vehicles

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Most times the strategy is to come out with something like this to generate new sales of Apple phones. Don't count on it being retro to any large degree.

Tamer

Reaction score
I have searched and found nothing here, but apple will release a new feature called Carkey on the next major iOS update. anyone ever heard of it? Will the uconnect will be compatible with it?

Yes BMW has updated their system first. I was told by Mopar to contact the dealer. Will try but it might be too soon. Apple lists Ram and many other vehicles as compatible. Great idea specially for people with multiple vehicles. I was wondering why wasn’t there a key fob that could be programmed for multiple vehicles already. With an iPhone or I watch, it’s do it all. I think it’s a great feature.

THFD334

Reaction score
Any new news on this? I have a 2019 Ram big horn. Apple says it’s compatible with my iPhone 13 pro. Would be an amazing feature as I just switched from a ford with the door keypad. Since I don’t need a key to start the vehicle I’m afraid of locking the fob in the truck. Old habits…. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

CatServant

Reaction score
Any new news on this? I have a 2019 Ram big horn. Apple says it’s compatible with my iPhone 13 pro. Would be an amazing feature as I just switched from a fire with the door keypad. Since I don’t need a key to start the vehicle I’m afraid of locking the fob in the truck. Old habits….

I think it’s like my 2019 Durango that won’t let you lock the doors if the fob is inside.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread