5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Car Play

gamecocks2001

Reaction score
So my CarPlay just quit working a couple weeks ago. Phone and cord works flawlessly in other cars and in the loner car with Uconnect I had from the dealership. Chrysler is telling me it’s because of the newest IOS I have on my phone. They want me to test it with a phone with the older software. Well that’s practically impossible to find.

Anyone experience this?

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine cuts out from time to time but if I unplug the cord and plug it back in it works

Barqs

Reaction score
I figured I'd find a forum thread about this. I noticed the other day that my CarPlay interface changed and now it's a nightmare. I figured either the iOS or the Uconnect software changed and created a compatibility issue. I haven't been driving my truck but once a week for the past few months (thanks COVID), but when I drove it this weekend my CarPlay voice-to-text that had been working flawlessly seems to hang up and/or delay responses to the point where it's useless. I don't recall getting a Uconnect update, so it might very well be the iOS update they pushed a few weeks ago. Whatever it is, it sucks now! And for what it's worth, my wife is having similar problems with her Android Auto in her 2020 Grand Cherokee. It too was working perfectly up until a couple of weeks ago. I really do wish these companies would spend more time with compatibility testing before pushing updates!

Users who are viewing this thread