5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Car play quit working on 2021

Parkerduplexes

Reaction score
My car play quit working. Car won’t recognize my iPhone. Worked great for first 2k miles and then just quit all of a sudden

Tmsmedic

Reaction score
Hopefully it is not your Ram. I would check a couple of things...1st the cord, 2nd the plug, and finally hard restart the phone itself. I have thought a hardware issue was actually a bad cord or the phone needed a reset.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
These U-connect systems update themselves and when they do they can change the port that Carplay recognizes so move the cord to different ports. Mine initially worked using the ports behind the console and after the upgrade switched to one on the dash.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My android auto works when ever it wants. One thing I noticed is when the AA works my thumb drive works and when my AA doesn't work my thumb drive doesn't work either. Dealer still insists its the phone/phone cable(they just use it as excuse not to fix). I tried replacing USB hub with no luck so I'm convinced it's the radio module. Good luck getting yours fixed.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
My android auto works when ever it wants. One thing I noticed is when the AA works my thumb drive works and when my AA doesn't work my thumb drive doesn't work either. Dealer still insists its the phone/phone cable(they just use it as excuse not to fix). I tried replacing USB hub with no luck so I'm convinced it's the radio module. Good luck getting yours fixed.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Do you notice that when it doesn’t work it’s hot outside?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you notice that when it doesn’t work it’s hot outside?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine doesn't seem to be sensitive to heat or cold. Now that all the upgrades have been done it seems to work fine with the exception of leaving the phone plugged in, turn off the truck and go into a store etc, come back start up and it doesn't like that the phone was already plugged in. You have to unplug the phone then wait a few ticks and plug it in to get it to recognize the iphone.

Bradleys

Reaction score
+1 on the cord…. find an original apple lightening cable, nothing aftermarket, and test it again.

Apple car play tends to be very sensitive and I find aftermarket cables can be very hit and miss.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread