5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple car play Issue???

19BlkRam

Reaction score
How’s it going everyone? I feel kind of dumb cause I can get it to sync up. I have the 8.4 inch Nav Uconnect and when I plug my phone in nothing pops up. Where can I access the apple car play feature?

Thanks

DSOOBY

Reaction score
How’s it going everyone? I feel kind of dumb cause I can get it to sync up. I have the 8.4 inch Nav Uconnect and when I plug my phone in nothing pops up. Where can I access the apple car play feature?

Thanks

You should see the carplay icon pop up on the bottom row of icons. Just select that button and it will open up the carplay interface.

DSOOBY

Reaction score
Also I don't know for sure if it makes a difference, but which USB port are you connected to?

19BlkRam

Reaction score
Also I don't know for sure if it makes a difference, but which USB port are you connected to?

I’ve tried port 1 & 2 plus the one under the console and nothing is popping up.
I’ve used it in Other cars that I’ve owned and never had an issue, Normally it just pops on screen

19BlkRam

Reaction score
Still nothing, even tried my wife’s phone. Do I have to adjust settings on my phone for it to work?

DSOOBY

Reaction score
You shouldn't have to do anything in the phone. What cord are you using? Try using the plain ole apple cord that came with the phone if you can or haven't already. Some third party cords dont allow for proper data transmission, if you catch my drift.

19BlkRam

Reaction score
You shouldn't have to do anything in the phone. What cord are you using? Try using the plain ole apple cord that came with the phone if you can or haven't already. Some third party cords dont allow for proper data transmission, if you catch my drift.

Tried 3 different cords, 2 OEM apple cords and my monster cord all which work with my previous vehicle.
My bluetooth connects fine for phone calls, but I cannot play music via Bluetooth like I could in my previous Ram.
And still no luck connecting my apple car play

Users who are viewing this thread