5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Car Play and volume

reigninslayer

Reaction score
Is there an option to “set and save” the volume level in Apple Car Pay? For example, when I am listening to Sirius at volume level 10 and running Apple Car Play at the same time and select the text message pop-up on the screen the text is read out loud at the volume 15 level every time. I constantly have to lower the volume during the message. When it goes back to Sirius the volume is at where I left it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Daren

Reaction score
I have the same issue. Driving along listening to some easy music, others in the truck asleep on a long drive, a text comes in at full volume, startles passengers awake. So annoying.

reigninslayer

Reaction score
Glad I’m not the only one annoyed at this little quirk. Uconnect Cares reply:

7359506cf482aea0ac549688d0a91920.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I recently switched from iPhone to Android. While I did not have any issues with my iPhone, I have noticed an odd issue with my Android where the volume is not consistent between music and announcements. I have however found a temporary fix. When you plug your phone in and Carplay or AA starts running, click the microphone icon on the head unit like you're trying to speak a command to it. Cancel the command and then the volume is consistent. You'll notice that your music volume will increase, bringing it up the the announcement volume.

Users who are viewing this thread