5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anzo light bar

TheArk

Reaction score
I put the anzo light bar on my 2019 ram 1500 bighorn yesterday and attempted to hardwire it in. All of the lights are working fine except the running lights, they are blinking instead of constant red like they’re suppose to be. Has anyone here had this problem that can give me some pointers as this is my first time messing with anything electrical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joemo

Reaction score
Can you post some pics? I am curious where you mounted this as it is a future project of mine. Sorry I can't answer your question but just curious.
thanks

TheArk

Reaction score
Can you post some pics? I am curious where you mounted this as it is a future project of mine. Sorry I can't answer your question but just curious.
thanks
Mine had a plastic piece located behind the tailgate that the 3M tape on the Anzo light bar did not like at all. You also have to be careful to not cover the hole for the spare tire release and the quick disconnect for the tailgate. I ended up drilling a hole and zip tying them for now. I would eventually like to find a better/cleaner looking solution. I will try to get a picture when I get home.

I also believe I found a solution to the wiring issue but I will try it before I post that solution as well.

When looking at the tailgate light bar also look into Putco and options like that. I believe the Putco light bar comes with brackets for mounting in the even that their tape does not stick.

Also with the 5th gen ram having the 7-pin and 4-pin connector relocated to the passenger side of the license plate the Anzo Light bar wiring is not long enough to reach the connector so the only way to wire it is to splice the wires together underneath the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread