5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone who would like to swap hoods?

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I guess I’ll shoot my shot too! I got a white 2019 regular hood that I’d like to trade for a white sport/rebel hood. Located in SoCal. Hood is in perfect condition and graphene coated and comes with a set of oem black badges and a set of oem chrome badges

Dex17

Reaction score
In MD...have a regular granite hood with chrome emblems off a 2022 1500 looking to swap for a sport hood

deanno33

Reaction score
I had a sport hood on my 2020 Laramie. Everytime I looked at it, it reminded me of this. Are they real...nope, just chunks of plastic made to look like something they really are not! Keep the regular hoods 🙂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211202-210629_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211202-210629_Chrome.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Tgryphon

Reaction score
Central to Northern California bright white regular hood for sports hood

chris288

Reaction score
I will throw my soon to be hood in the ring as well. granite rebel hood for a regular granite hood locted in NY, my Truck will hopefully be delivered in the next month. no hoods with " built in badges " so must be from a 19 ?

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will throw my soon to be hood in the ring as well. granite rebel hood for a regular granite hood locted in NY, my Truck will hopefully be delivered in the next month. no hoods with " built in badges " so must be from a 19 ?

I'm pretty sure they all had built in badges, I remember when the 19 first came out how much a lot of people (myself included) hated them. I would trade for the sport hood just for that one aspect.

Abesosa

Reaction score

Never anyone close by lol

2019 Ram 1500 Limited Granite Crystal 4x4 with Off-Road Group and air ride
20% Cermanic Tint
USA Flag Decal on rear 5th Window
Xpel Door Edge and door handle Protection
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris288

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they all had built in badges, I remember when the 19 first came out how much a lot of people (myself included) hated them. I would trade for the sport hood just for that one aspect.
thanks for the heads up... :unsure: much prefer the badges on the quarter panel like my 2015, cant believe they sunk them into the hoods, do not like the look at all, even worse in chrome. then they go and add fake louvered panels and a vision blocking hood bulge.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
thanks for the heads up... :unsure: much prefer the badges on the quarter panel like my 2015, cant believe they sunk them into the hoods, do not like the look at all, even worse in chrome.

Totally agree, wish they left them where they were on the 4th gens. At least that way you had the option to debadge if you didn't like the look of them, the ones in the hood don't leave any easy options to get rid of them.

Seems like GM started this trend back with the duramax in the mid 2000s and now it seems to be a popular thing to do, I noticed the new tundras have a badge up there too on some trim levels.

Drivinfast247

Reaction score
He'll, it's worth a shot! '19 BH in Maximum Steel, looking for sport hood. Located in Michigan.

Just had it ceramic coated.

ABCAMP

Reaction score
I’ll try this as well, I have a 2021 Big Horn (white) looking to trade for the aport performance hood in Charlotte, NC.
Hit me up!!
Thanks!
Maybe , you still interested? What are you thinking?

Tough45

Reaction score
White bighorn would also swap regular hood for sports in Detriot Michigan

Noobthered

Reaction score
Shoot I'll go for it too. I have a black crystal regular hood that I would trade for a sport hood. IDC what color it is as I do paint and body work so I can make it whatever color I want lol.

Noobthered

Reaction score
Shoot I'll go for it too. I have a black crystal regular hood that I would trade for a sport hood. IDC what color it is as I do paint and body work so I can make it whatever color I want lol.
I'm in Lexington NC btw.

Burner_After

Reaction score
If anyone has a Billet Silver sport hood they would like to trade for my Billet Silver normal hood let me know! In Arizona/ southwest US region

storminnorman

Reaction score
Super late!
I have a flame red regular hood looking to swap for a sports hood. Located in Michigan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online