5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone who flys with DJI, find another shop!

Shives

Reaction score
Just my advise. DJI drone used to be awesome. Now, they are riddled with issues, and problems. The warranty dept tries to take advantage of people, have them purchase items they should not, as well lie to you! (Fixed gimbal arm, replaced, drone repair and sent back)

nothing worse then paying out of the butt for service and products then getting hosed when it comes to getting it fixed.

I am going to check out Autel.

yaksushi

Reaction score
I've had two dji drones and each time their support has been non existent or totally useless.

Shives

Reaction score
Yea, their support system is the worst! Cool product till something happens. I took great care of my Mavic 2 zoom. The camera died. Took them a week to figure out that I have warranty from factory! (Wtf?) then they took all this time to explain that “your gimbal arm needs to be replaced at the cost of 118 dollars”

finally it goes to being fixed, checked, flown, and QC. Well, stickers for QC were hanging off, and the drone flys like a brick. All I needed was the gimbal! To which you said you replaced.

I’m looking to sell my whole setup now and buy Autel or just get out of drones all together.

As you were

Reaction score
I stopped using my DJI Spark a few months after I purchased it because there was a back door discovered on their video upload site that allowed a person access to other peoples videos. The person who reported it to DJI was threatened by their legal department to be silenced. I tried to find the article (from 2017/2018?) and couldn’t find it. However, I did come across this.

...edited

Here’s the article from 2017.. I was mistaken about videos being viewable- it was photos, flight logs, location etc.

Last edited:

RSConsulting

Reaction score
I stopped using my DJI Spark a few months after I purchased it because there was a back door discovered on their video upload site that allowed a person access to other peoples videos. The person who reported it to DJI was threatened by their legal department to be silenced. I tried to find the article (from 2017/2018?) and couldn’t find it. However, I did come across this.

A drone from China with a backdoor security flaw? Say it ain't so.

I consider ANYTHING that comes from China - to have security issues.

Rick

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Almost got one but backed out when I realized that the Hellfires weighted too much for it... :p

Shives

Reaction score
So, the mavic line is the first edition... The pro Then mavic 2, which comes in different flavors. the Mavic 2 zoom, Mavic 2 pro, Mavic 2 Air, debatable calling the Mavic Mini a 2.
Mavic 2 Zoom, is what I have as well... Great unit. Warranty is trash. Also, mine was not from neglect or from a crash. It was warranty defective. Treat the AC better then most people I know. Also have the smart controller and fly more plus some other goodies. I do love it!

Users who are viewing this thread