5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone W/ Patriot Blue & Black nerf bar

mdemuysere

Reaction score
Looking for pictures of a patriot blue truck w/ black nerf bar / running boards.

Trying to compare it to stainless before I decide on what to buy.

As it is now I am thinking of swapping wheels over to black (or plasti dipping factory wheels till the rubbers toast) blacking out lights, black nerf bars, bed rug. Just somewhat concerned with Black accents and Chrome front / rear bumper I guess.

Wolf

Reaction score
Looking for pictures of a patriot blue truck w/ black nerf bar / running boards.

Trying to compare it to stainless before I decide on what to buy.

As it is now I am thinking of swapping wheels over to black (or plasti dipping factory wheels till the rubbers toast) blacking out lights, black nerf bars, bed rug. Just somewhat concerned with Black accents and Chrome front / rear bumper I guess.
Mine is Patriot Blue and I think it would look good with black nerf bars, but it came with chrome. Mine has painted bumpers.

I did have a brown Outdoorsman with chrome bumpers that , against the dealers warnings, I had them put black nerf bars on. Even the dealer admitted it looked better than the ones with chrome. I think that as long as you don't have the chrome handles and chrome window surrounds black nerf bars will make you happy. My thinking is that it blends into the trucks shadow. Sorry, this is the only photo I could find.

0518152004~2.jpg

Cortesio

Reaction score
As long as UPS doesn't lose the box again, I'll be putting my black nerf bars on my truck sometime today. I'll update with pictures when I get them on.

mdemuysere

Reaction score
As long as UPS doesn't lose the box again, I'll be putting my black nerf bars on my truck sometime today. I'll update with pictures when I get them on.
Awesome, be great to see.

Can you link to what ones you went with as well? I'm debating between a few aftermarket or the Mopar black ones.

Cortesio

Reaction score
Awesome, be great to see.

Can you link to what ones you went with as well? I'm debating between a few aftermarket or the Mopar black ones.
Well it would have helped if it wasn’t the middle of January here, but I got them on with pretty much no hypothermia.

37AC8203-4815-417C-9339-E2950DE779D5.jpeg
I went with the Westin Pro Traxx 5. This is a middle of the night pic, I’ll get the truck washed and get some more pictures tomorrow.

mdemuysere

Reaction score
Well it would have helped if it wasn’t the middle of January here, but I got them on with pretty much no hypothermia.

View attachment 39871
I went with the Westin Pro Traxx 5. This is a middle of the night pic, I’ll get the truck washed and get some more pictures tomorrow.
Dosnt look half bad... WIsh my door handles were all blue and didn't have the chrome insert.

I think with all my plans, going black will be the way to go. Now to decide on a curved bar or straight.

Cortesio

Reaction score
Dosnt look half bad... WIsh my door handles were all blue and didn't have the chrome insert.

I think with all my plans, going black will be the way to go. Now to decide on a curved bar or straight.
Took some more pictures in the overcast daylight of the autumn tundra hellscape I live in. I don’t have hardly a lick of chrome between my bumpers and wheels so polished definitely wouldn’t work for me. I think your truck would look pretty sharp either way.

I got the 5” inch oval bars with the curve because they stick out a bit and I think it looks better curving back toward the truck at each end.

31146C7F-B10C-48FB-A2ED-95A4067DE611.jpeg C7EE9EA1-227E-4141-B1CA-10FBA99E566B.jpeg 7B30EE9C-58DF-48C4-B505-B60958E92E61.jpeg 49E052C4-E8D5-4C26-BC3C-2CCEDD174CA0.jpeg

GunnyZXR

Reaction score
Looks good! I think I would like mine up higher. Are they adjustable up or down? I like that they don't stick out the side.

Cortesio

Reaction score
Looks good! I think I would like mine up higher. Are they adjustable up or down? I like that they don't stick out the side.
71A4998D-4DCF-4065-BF3D-262E1FCF5642.jpeg
This is what the mounting brackets look like. There’s a smidge of lateral adjustment but nothing as far as height.

6282C8DF-FC22-439A-9AA9-C084F0307CDD.jpeg
Also handy while installing anything to the factory mounting points, I ran an M8 die down the painted studs to clean the threads and made getting everything on snug by hand a lot easier.

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's mine with the GoRhino RB10's.
I'm happy with them and makes it very easy for the 5yo to get in and out of the back

Attachments

• IMG_20190824_101745678_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190824_101745678_HDR.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 53

Users who are viewing this thread