5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone using the Syneticusa retractable Tonneau cover????

OldCheyenne

Reaction score
Anyone that can shed any light on this subject will probably benefit a lot of members.

Syneticusa markets a retractable bed cover for about $800 that looks just like the ones I've been looking at from Roll n Lock or Retrax but at about 50% the cost. Their marketing on Amazon says their cover works with Rams with Ramboxes. There was actually a forum member who had a post about using their cover with Ramboxes and it working okay. I contacted Syneticusa about buying their cover, but they said their cover will not fit my 2022 Ram 1500 with Ramboxes, BUG and MFT. They said their cover will not work with MFT. From everything I have read, if a cover will fit a Ram with Ramboxes it shouldn't make any difference if MFT is present or not. From the looks of their cover it is almost identical to the Retrax cover (based on the lock and handle).

Can any users of this cover shed any light on this problem? If their cover connects to the tailgate, I can understand it not working with the MFT. I think the company is just a reseller and doesn't have a lot of experience with their product and Ram trucks. The fact they don't answer their phone and only respond by text msg tells me something! But saving 500 - 1,000 might make it worthwhile to take a chance.

My understanding is.........
If you have MFT and NOT Ramboxes, you have the a corner bracket which prohibits the installation of any cover that has a roll up container (without special modifications). I think this is what they are basing their statement on.

If you have Ramboxes and NOT MFT, you do not have the corner bracket. Therefore the cover just has to fit with Ramboxes.

If you have Ramboxes and MFT, you do not have the corner bracket. This is my situation on my 2022. I do not know if this was the case on 2020 and 2021. I think the cover will work with my truck, but hesitant to spend 800 on a "think".

I don't know why this company will not discuss this. You would think they would want to sell more of their product.

If you have the Syneticusa cover installed..........
Do you have any major problems?

Would you buy it again?

Do you know anyone with Ramboxes and MFT using this cover?

Thanks for you help in advance.

Mjgain

Reaction score
Responded to you PM, brother. Response posted below to keep the discussion going:

I think it will work just fine for you. I imagine the bracket on the non-rambox just prevents the side channels from sitting flush. But, with your set up, that would not be the case.

The only issues I have had is, coincidentally, the cover's fitment at the tail gate. It seems like it sits too low. I adjusted the gray bed rails and the cover brackets, but I still need about a mm for the cover's side rails to completely clear the tailgate. After I get my bed liner sprayed next week, I will play with it more. The only impact is a small gap between the rubber gasket and the tailgate. Once I am able to raise it up, everything should nest nicely.

Here are some pictures to help you visualize--i have never seen the MFT in person.

IMG_20211210_084546.jpg IMG_20211210_084602.jpg IMG_20211210_084616.jpg IMG_20211210_084626.jpg IMG_20211210_084632.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread